BG chapter 2 text 40

Dear Devotees, SP has given this purport for above sloka

Material activities and their results end with the body. But work in Krsna consciousness carries a person again to Krsna consciousness, even after the loss of the body. At least one is sure to have a chance in the next life of being born again as a human being, either in the family of a great cultured brahmana or in a rich aristocratic family that will give one a further chance for elevation. That is the unique quality of work done in Krsna consciousness.

i would like to know

1)does he get human body immediately in next life or after he goes through 84lakhs

2)does he still takes birth in an aristocratic fly or in great brahmana fly  if he chants 16 rounds & follows 4 principles but he is corrupt or cheats in business?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Siddhartha Prabhu,

please accept my humble obeisances!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

1)does he get human body immediately in next life or after he goes through 84lakhs

It depends what about will think that Devotee at the time of death. It is not so easy thing.

For example, Bharata Maharaj was in the stage of Bhava - the previous stage to prema - very high stage. But even though became attached to the deer and took birth in deer's body. And in deer's body one can hardly go back to Godhead. Because of that he had to take birth again in human body then only perfected his life.

-----------

Those who go to hell will go through all these species of lives not those who were Devotees. Living entities who come from hell take bodies of plants, then insects, worms...And to hell go those who do not follow 4 regulative principles. These 4 sins are very great sins which takes living entities to hell.

-----------------------------

2)does he still takes birth in an aristocratic fly or in great brahmana fly if he chants 16 rounds & follows 4 principles but he is corrupt or cheats in business?

Krishna in Bhagavad Gita says that Devotee earns his money honestly, he does not need to cheat but is satisfied with what comes easily.

But You are talking about business. In Bhagavatam in his purport Srila Prabhupada says that vaisha sometimes has to lie in order to get some profit and that is allowed to them. But it is also sin because of that there are rules about giving charity etc...

But vaisha should not lie in other ways like giving 0.8 kg of potato and to say that he is giving 1 kg. Or to call mixed milk with water and sell in the same price as pure milk.

But he can buy 1 kg mango for Rs 50 and sell it for Rs 60 and keep in secret how much he is doing profit. (it is just simple example)

But these days business people are cheating like anything. They create something and by their ads put into peoples' hearts that they need it. They attract and agitate the senses of simple people and soak their money. So it is not good.

-------------

To cheat is also considered as sin. And the greatest and very bad offense to the Holy Names is the 7th:

to commit sinful activities on the strength of the Holy Names. It is not even sin but for Devotees to cheat now is an offense which is greater than simple sin done unknowingly.

Your servant, 

• HK, You are absolutely right mataji.

The only qualification to go back to Goloka is to remember Krsna and utter the word Krsna if possible at the time of death. The time of death is momentary experience and it is out of His mercy that one remembers Him. If we are able to remember Krsna, we will go to Him, else we will take that body which we think of. If one thinks of his family at the time of the death, one is sure to be born in a family. If one thinks of his dog, then surely he'll take the body of a dog. This is helpful for a dog, because if the dog thinks of his owner at the time of death, it will get a human body and the owner will get animal body.

Spirituality is purely science. All the 84 lakh species are like programmed robots which can procreate on its own. Keeping these 84 lakh species at the point of focus, the entire universe and demigods are busy maintaining these species under their roles and responsibility. Laws of nature is also maintained by some demigods, who will decide which soul will take the next body.

Once, I was bathing in Brahmanda Ghat along with other devotees, when suddenly 2 of us were caught in the deep waters of Yamunaji, I had more than 10 seconds before I could have drowned and I could have utilized that 10 seconds to think of Krsna, but I was calling out for help for life, this is natural for a soul. So, it is out of his mercy that we get a chance to think of Krsna at the time of death.

You may also read the stories of Krsna killing demons, after the fight, the demons would get a last chance to see Krsna but Krsna would appear as Vishnu and the soul is merged in Him, this means that the soul has taken a place in Brahma Jyothi. We have also read stories of souls being carried away to Vaikunta planets by Vishnu Dhutas, which means another kind of liberation.

In lectures, we have heard that this life is the preparation for the next life. If a pigeon has to take birth say after one week, then someone has to be trained well in sex life properly because Prabhupad says that a pigeon which is a symbol of Love engages in sex for at least 25 to 30 times a day.

Conclusion is that everything that we see around us is an arrangement, not accident.

Hare Krsna...

This reply was deleted.