avoiding sleep

Hare KRISHNA

as devotees are recommended not to take tea or coffee, I wish to know how to keep oneself awake when feel drowsy during day time especially during the exam days? is there any effective anti-dote for sleep.

tank you

Hare KRISHNA!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,
    I was also having this problem particularly am very lazy person
    but i suggest some points first thing you need to decide in any case i wont drink tea coffee (which is poison)
    What you can do that you should be councious at every moment and for that prasadam is most important
    so better you Buy the some dry fuits or like Elaichi, Lavang Etc. and offer it to Krishna and carry with them
    so whenever you studying and if you feel sleepy take one Elaichi and you will continue on studying
    just try out and see results youself

there are so many things

if you are feeling sleepy
    then here your favourite Hare krishna Kirtan just for 3-5 mins.
    so this way you can do study
    all these are my trials and experiences and i know these are not the best solutions but by the mercy of Krishna I like these ways
    HAre Krishna
    • thank you Prabhu Jii.. I ll try to follow this
  • I have encountered that chanting rounds through tiredness is very helpful.

Hare Krsna!

• Volunteer
    You will be pleasantly surprised to know that (fresh) fruits like oranges, sweet lemon/grapefruit, grapes, apples, etc can keep you awake much better than tea. When I am driving and feel sleepy, I usually stop at a store for an orange. Store bought orange juice that is not fresh doesnt work for me. Try it out for yourself and let us know how it turned out.
    • thank you Prabhu ji for your reply. as of yet, I never felt that ways after eating these fruits, may be for the reason I never had this perspective towards them I ll try it out for sure... also, can Herbal Tea be effective in that regard or is it just for taste sake?
      • hot food as in spicey mabye eat ginger root or a piece of it will do the trick
      • Volunteer
        Herbal teas tend to make one sleepy. I think its the enzimes in the fruit that help to keep awake.
This reply was deleted.