Are we really vegeterians

AGTSP.

I am a lacto-vegeterian and trying to become Vegetarian. 

The devotees of Shri Krishna should be vegetarian. We are allowed to drink milk and milk products. 

In our vedic culture, cows were integral part of our life and family. Cows were milked partially and rest milk were given to its calves.

In current scenario, the animals that are treated worst in India are cows. They are impregnated artificially throughout their life. They are given hormonal injections which causes pain in their system which is equivalent to delivery pain. 

Cows become sterile within 4-5 years of their first delivery, because of continuous pregnancy and their use as milk producing machinery. I remember, almost 15 years ago, we use to buy milk from milkman. He use to give injections to Buffalo/cows 15 minutes before milking. These hormones create cramps in her digestive and mammary systems and to avoid cramps she has to give out milk.

If cow delivers male, the male calf is immediately shifted for its flesh and soft leather. If the baby is cow, she is retained to act as milk factory.

Today, we are largest producer of milk in the world and also the largest exporter of cow/beef leather in the world.

I have stopped drinking milk because of these facts. It is better to eat onion and garlic rather than drinking the branded milk.

please share your thought or you can speak to me on 9820185606. I am living in Mumbai.

Sagar

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna..thank you for detailed informatiom...i will surely follow these tips

• Volunteer

oh my God is it really like this? :'(

How do You know about it?

But if no milk then spiritual progress is also goes bad. As it says milk only is in the full mode of goodness and helps to grow particular cells in the brain which can help to understand the Vedic knowledge.

Now what to do? ...:(

Your servant, 

• We just need to follow the scriptures as directed by Srila Prabhupada. Material world have lot of imperfections. We need to do the best we can and rest is with Krishna. Ultimate goal is to develop love of GOD not just following externals only. So we should be fine.

This reply was deleted.