Forum 2.0

alittle help to my dad?

hare krsna, dandavata dear devotee.i am realy in need of help to my dad.its not a new problem i am sharing a common problem that our society i have shared dis problem b4 dad beginning from hiS Youth age had been drinking alcohol and cigarates due to bad asociation. its been now lyk 25 yrs til now,he'd nt left d bad habit,he'd had serious acident, had many fight wid family,taken money wid so many(til nw nt paid),had so many clashes over this year.he has nw so many debts to stil sticking to old habit.none of his relative help or support him anymore .ie means to trust him.he's nevr intrsted in god's ultimate intoxication.since i had been to k.c more than 2yr.i cnt help him.since he lives little far away,i am nw realy fed up.i knw hes my dad nd i'd helped trying to tell him milions of tym to cme iskcon devote,chant,.etc but no use. i chant sme rounds 4 him.nd trying my best to pray4him in festival nd ekadasi,bt i am realy wanting to help him, whenvr i try to bring satsang program he's like nt in favor.i know that if only by d mery of gaur nitai ,nd guru he,wil at least get rid al dese useles habit nd get in touch inKc. its nw upto d limit nd he' dsnt work drink and smoke frm morning.slep al tv. and nt do anything.hes abt 45 and if i cn help him.nd he'd become intrsted than i believe my whole family wil b benifited.nw my mom nd sis chant hare krsna in japa ,bt m realy woried abt dad. seing him smetime make me frustated nd angry. my mom did so much puja nd even gave anti smoking bt no use!i dnt knw wat practical reasn i must folow.plz help me. its ben lengthy? i hope u undrstand.haribol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –


  • E-Counselor

    Hare Krsna Prabhuji,


    Yes, I understand your helplessness in able to do anything for your father. Now that your mother is chanting, you can request her to offer whatever she cooks (that way the kitchen will become vegeterian, onion garlic free) to Krsna and give your father only and only Krsna prasadam. I know he may be eating outside also - but doesnt matter. Whatever he eats in the house will be prasadam and that will work to change him.

    Keep on with your efforts - you can pray to Krsna, Gauranga Mahaprabhu, Nityanand Prabhu and Guru for mercy. Keep Prabhupada's chanting instrument at home. When he comes home drunk and sleeps, put that in low volume in his room. That will disturb him and purify him.

    There is little else that you can do prabhuji. One thing you can do is to become a very good devotee yourself - that will deliver your father. You concentrate on your sadhana a lot and pray everytime for the lord's mercy.

    Best of luck prabhuji. You are a very good son. I hope everyone gets a son like you.


    Your servant,


This reply was deleted.