Advancing in Krishna consciousness

Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories Srila Prabhupada!

What do you feel is the most valuable thing you have learnt so far in Krishna consciousness?

What do you feel is the one thing that will keep your faith in Guru and Gauranga intact till we attain nistha, or realization beyond the illusory platform of Krishna's Godhood?

What do you feel you are struggling to learn, come to terms with, in Krishna consciousness?

These questions I ask for my personal benefit, and the innumerable souls who may wish to take solace from the undying efforts of Srila Prabhupada's movement as a whole. Thank you all for your kind responses and time. Hare Krishna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies

• Hare Krsna Suresh prabhuji,

dandwat pranam,

1)The most important thing I have learnt in Krishna Consciousness is to live for Krishna's pleasure.

Atmendriya priti vancha tare bole kaam,

Krishnendriya priti vancha dhare prem naam. Sri chaitanya charitamrit Adi 4.165

The desire to gratify one's own senses is kama [lust], but the desire to please the senses of Lord Krsna is prema [love].

2)Krishna's mercy is the only thing which would lead me to attain krishna prem. This mercy comes to us through my Guru Maharaj Sri Srimad Radha Govind Goswami ji . I have no capability to do Bhakti, it is all Krishna's mercy which makes me do His Seva(Devotional service).

3)Sorry,I didn't get your third question prabhuji,could u plz elaborate it.

your servant

Ashish Sharma

• Thank you Prabhu. What I meant by the last question was that though theoretically Krishna consciousness is very simple, that we are not these bodies but eternal servants of Krishna, practically we may have difficulty conceiving or realizing some vital concept that is fundamental to our spiritual advancement. What, if any, difficulties are you having in giving up all material desires and surrendering at the lotus feet of the Lord?

• Volunteer

What, if any, difficulties are you having in giving up all material desires and surrendering at the lotus feet of the Lord?

it is good! it is Krishna Consciousness. Whatever difficulty is there to go to Krishna for help. 

For example, difficulties like our dirty mind. many times we can find that from within we think we are better than others, that some one is bad, this or that. It is very difficult and painful to see our dirty thoughts. Impossible to tolerate. :-(

What to do?

Only way is hold up very high our hands and call for His Holy Names very loudly and beg for forgiveness and help.

Only solution! "Oh my dear Lord, please, help me! please forgive me for such like dirty thoughts!..."

Your servant, 

• All glories to Srila Prabhupada. Please accept my humble obeisances!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

That we are not independent. We have free will. But free will is to choose to be dependent on Maya or on Krishna. It is our nature. In the beginning i used to practice detachment, like minimum dependence on food, sleep, clothes, money, even friends, relatives, parents...because there was a fear that even though i will loose them and will suffer. But better to become detached now so that i won't suffer in the future.

Then this philosophy i started to use to Krishna also. I used to serve to Deities and tried my best not to become attached to Them :-O

but slowly slowly i am accepting that truth that i can not be independent. It is not my own nature. When we depend on Krishna He will do everything good for us. We have to be ready and humble that one day Krishna will take away everything and everyone from us but another day He will give them to us.

He will give us what we do not have and what we need. And take away what we do not need.

As like no money, ok Krishna will do something. I know He takes care of even ants or lilies on the street giving them all what is needed, so there is no need for fear. We have just to have faith to Him.  If He wants me to die i will die, this body is not mine. If He wants me to live in the hellish country then i have to accept....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Association of Devotees. 

Hearing Lectures.

Reading Bhagavatam.

Praying all the time.

Practical service like Temple, cleaning, cooking...

Loudly Kirtans.

Attentive japa.

To concentrate mind on a particular Form of Krishna and day after day worship Him.

to tell others about Krishna.

-------------------------------------------------------

i am begging Krishna to remove all those bad qualities from my heart (first is that ENVY) and become humble than a blade of grass and tolerant than a tree, offer all respect to others and not wait for respect to myself. in this way to learn how to chant the Holy Names in each breath. 

Your servant, 

• Thank you for sharing your understanding, Mataji. It was very helpful. Please forgive my offenses, Hare Krishna

• hare krishna prabhuji..........
    all glories to SRILA PRABHUPADA :)
    pamho
    i have really gained a lot of experience from kc............ u know!! earlier i use to be so much afraid for every small thing....like even for exam i use to study like... only studying is everything............but after getting into kc i really have gained a lot of courage to fight with every small n big problem of life.....because whenever i feel scared i just read bhagvad gita-as it is...........it is like- krishna himself is telling me to do this n that n the following verse from last chapter-
    sarva dharman parityajya mam ekam sharanam vraja
    aham tvam sarve papebheyo mokshayisya ma socha(spellings must be worng)
    is really inspiring............ this is the best thing i have learnt -to fight every problem with courage n full faith in krishna :) :)
    i have many experiences which makes me feel extremely close to krishna...........
    moreover if u start chanting n reading srila prabhupada's books u will surely feel krishna's presence in all ur activities of day-to-day life :) :) 
    n too feel krishna's hand n each work helps us to keep our faith in guru n gauranga....that answers ur next question too.......
    the only thing that i wanna learn through kc is- how to control these restless senses which don't allow us to think of krishna(our master) n i know that these senses can only be controlled when we chant krishna's name without any offences.....so just trying to attain that stage :) :) n i know krishna will surely help :) :)
    hare krishna
    hari bol 

• My humble respects. It was wonderful to receive this reply.

This reply was deleted.