Hare Krishna,

PAMHO !!!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada !!! 

In Adi purana,  Lord Sri Krishna says to Arjuna,

ye me bhakta-janäù pärtha
na me bhaktäç ca te janäù
mad-bhaktänäà ca ye bhaktäs
te me bhakta-tamä matäù

Those who are My direct devotees are actually not My devotees, but those who are the devotees of My servant are factually My devotees.

Any one has this "Adi purana", if you have please share.

Many thanks.

Ys,

Mukunda Chaitanya

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The statement in Adi Puran makes complete sense. Becoming dasanudas means humility and surrender to the parampara . Service to advanced devotees is pleasing to the lord hence he stresses serving his devotees . One worships all the gurus of the parampara . They are also His devotees. Serving devotees helps us get rid of false ego.

mahat-sevāṁ dvāram āhur vimuktes
        tamo-dvāraṁ yoṣitāṁ saṅgi-saṅgam
        mahāntas te sama-cittāḥ praśāntā
        vimanyavaḥ suhṛdaḥ sādhavo ye
        " 'It is the verdict of all śāstras and great personalities that by serving a pure devotee, one attains the path of liberation. However, by associating with materialistic people who are attached to material enjoyment and women, one attains the path of darkness. Those who are actually devotees are broadminded, equal to everyone and very peaceful. They never become angry, and they are friendly to all living entities.'

A devotee should always aspire to engage in the service of advanced devotees. As Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung:

tandera carana sevi bhakta-sane vasa
        janame janame haya, ei abhilasa

A devotee should always aspire to live in the association of advanced devotees and engage in the service of the Lord through the parampara system. One should serve the mission of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu through the instructions of the great Gosvamis of Vrndavana. This is called tandera carana sevi. While serving the lotus feet of the Gosvamis, one should live in the association of devotees (bhakta-sane vasa).
        In Nectar of devotion chapter 12 , Srila Prabhupada referring Srila Rupa Goswami explains :

In the Adi Purana there is the following statement by Lord Krsna Himself, addressed to Arjuna: "My dear Partha, one who claims to be My devotee is not so. Only a person who claims to be the devotee of My devotee is actually My devotee." No one can approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead directly. One must approach Him through His pure devotees. Therefore, in the system of Vaisnava activities, the first duty is to accept a devotee as spiritual master and then to render service unto him.

Sri Rupa Gosvami affirms that all the quotations given in the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu from different scriptures are accepted by the great acaryas and devotees of the Lord."

• Respected Mukund prabhu,

sorry yaar don’t feel bad but I doubt this link. Hence I appeal all devotees to look into the matter
    1)The color texture of page is totally different from other pages of Krishna.com

2)I just read the link vyas may or may not know". Veda Vyas is an higly exhalted personality an incarnation of Krishna. He gave divya drishti to Sanjay with which he could observe the mb war sitting in the palace. how can such a powerful personality "not know" anything?? Moreover it says shiva also says vyas may or may not know and above that gaudiya vaishnav also say vyas may or may not know.

3)Some one questioned that Radha is not mentioned in sb. Of course she is mentioned quite a few times in 10th canto.

Br,
    satish
    Krishna.com | All About Krishna
  • Hare Krishna Prabhujis,
    PAMHO !!!
    All glories to Srila Prabhupada !

Many thanks for your suggestions.

But this Adi purana actually exists, as per the reliable sources.

Please read this link:

http://veda.krishna.com/encyclopedia/sastras-studies1.htm#1

Many thanks.

Ys,
    Mukunda Chaitanya
    http://veda.krishna.com/encyclopedia/sastras-studies1.htm
  • srila-prabhupada.jpg

• adi puran??? is there adi puran?? I don't think in the 18 puranas adi puran exists!! may be you want to say AGNI puran!!
  • Association of Lords devotees and service to them are essential,

only because you can hear the nectar of Lords katha and transcendental vibrations of holy names from their lips, powerfull enough for waking up bhakti and intensive attraction for Lord.

On other side, hearing the same thing from the lips of philosophic speculator wont have such effect.

• Hare krishna dean prabhu ! dandavata !!

Lord's disciple Srila rupa goswamiji quoted the same verse in his laghu-bhagavatamrita in Part 2 - Sri Bhaktamrita - The Nectar of Sri Krishna's Devotees.

Text 1

Lord krishna's devotees must be worshipped. If his devotees are not (worshipped) a grave offence is committed.

Text 2
    In padma purana -
    "Vaisnavas should serve the great devotees headed by Markandeya Muni,Maharaja Ambarisha,Uparicara Vasu, Srila Vyasadeva,Vibhishana Maharaja,Pundarika,Maharaj Bali,Lord Siva,Maharaj Pralhad,Sri Vidura,Dhruva Maharaja,Sri Dalbhya Muni,Bhishmadeva,And Narada Muni. If one serves Lord Krishna but does not serve them,he commits a great sin".

Text 3
    In Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya -
    " They who worship Lord Govinda but do not worship His devotees are proud hypocrites who do not attain Lord Vishnu's mercy."

Text 4 
    In Padma Purana,Uttara-khanda -
    "My dear Devi,although the Vedas recommend worship of demigods,the worship of Lord Vishnu it topmost. However,above the worship of Lord Vishnu is the rendering of service of Vaishnavas,who are related to Lord Vishnu."

Text 5
    There also (Padma Purana,Uttara-khanda) -
    "They who worship Lord Govinda but do not worship His devotees should not be known as devotees. They should be known to be only proud hypocrites."

Text 6 
    In Adi-purana ,(where lord krishna told arjuna) -
    "Those who are My direct devotees are actually not My devotees,but those who are the devotees of My servents are factually My devotees."
    Text 7
    In Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.19.21 
    Lord Krishna Says -
    "The worship of My devotees is more important than worshipping Me."

-----------------------
    maybe krishna said that because he wants to say the importance of devotee association..as krishna hinself said that,so no one will dare to ignore the other devotees..this is my opinion..please correct me if im wrong.

please forgive my offences.
    • Text 1

Lord krishna's devotees must be worshipped. If his devotees are not (worshipped) a grave offence is committed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why should be offence if you dont worshipped someone ???

Anyway, you said In Srimad-Bhagavatam 11.19.21 
      Lord Krishna Says -
      "The worship of My devotees is more important than worshipping Me."

Do we read same Bhagavatam ??

SB 11.19.20-24Firm faith in the blissful narrations of My pastimes, constant chanting of My glories, unwavering attachment to ceremonial worship of Me, praising Me through beautiful hymns, great respect for My devotional service, offering obeisances with the entire body, performing first-class worship of My devotees, consciousness of Me in all living entities, offering of ordinary, bodily activities in My devotional service, use of words to describe My qualities, offering the mind to Me, rejection of all material desires, giving up wealth for My devotional service, renouncing material sense gratification and happiness, and performing all desirable activities such as charity, sacrifice, chanting, vows and austerities with the purpose of achieving Me — these constitute actual religious principles, by which those human beings who have actually surrendered themselves to Me automatically develop love for Me. What other purpose or goal could remain for My devotee?

•  

In the Adi Purana, it is stated, ” There is no vow like chanting the holy name; no knowledge superior to it; no meditation which comes anywhere near it; and it gives the highest result. No penance is equal to it, and nothing is as potent or powerful as the holy name. Chanting the holy name of the Lord is the greatest act of piety and the supreme refuge. Even the words of the Vedas do not possess sufficient power to describe its magnitude.

Chanting the holy name of the Lord is the highest path to liberation, peace and eternity. It is the pinnacle of devotion. It is the natural inclination and joyous attraction of the heart. It is the best form of remembrance of the Supreme Lord. The holy name has appeared solely for the benefit of the living entities as their Lord and master; their supreme worshippable object and their spiritual guide and mentor.”

•  This part doesnt have a sense, because its contradicting :

"Those who are My direct devotees are actually not My devotees.."

Therefore the authenticity of Adi purana is questionable.

This reply was deleted.