Ad on website

Hari Bol Admins of the website.

Can we get some filtering on the advertisements coming on the website? Do not want to name any in the morning time, but some can be avoided, perhaps. Do we have a filter?

Your servant,

Sharanagat

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree with you. For many years we did not have any advts. However, due to increasing financial burden, for time being we have allowed advts. It fetches us $100 per month - which is some help since our expenses go above $5000. At the admin level we have kept very strict parameters with google. However, sometimes some advts. do come. We continuously monitor and try to remove offensive advts. Please tolerate. Hopefully we get some donors. Devotees can also help us by getting advts. from companies. In direct advts. we have full control on what goes on our pages.  

• Haribol Sharanagat,

There is a program that blocks ads on all websites. I've heard it works well, even on YouTube. This is the link for Google Chrome browser, but it will give you the option for whichever browser you're using:

http://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

Hare Krishna

• Hari Bol Andy prabhu! No no, do not get me wrong. Some times I click on ad links, I know it fetches money for IDT. So I do not want to block it completely. It will be very selfish to come to IDT to pick good and return nothing back.

But some ad are little off and I wonder some kids might be browsing from home and one day click/ask parents. That is all.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

This reply was deleted.