About Subhadra Birth and Ghost

Hare Krishna Prabhuji / Mataji

Kindly let me know about Subhadra ma birth history or where I can find about her birth. Any reference would be helpful.

Another question I was asked a devotee about ghost as we someone heard that ghost or some sprit captured the man and he or she speaking in different language or voice also body feature changed.

Is it right? Please explain or refer some reference.  गांव में कहते हैं कि उसके ऊपर देवी माता आ गयी है मैंने ये दृश्य अपनी आँखों से देखें हैं। और कभी कभी लोगों को किसी अद्रश्य किसी प्रेत और देवी ने पकड़ लिया है।

कृपया इस विषय पर थोड़ा प्रकाश डालिये।

आपका सेवक

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is a ghost in the flat where I am staying. Every night when I am trying to sleep, he whispers in both of my ears. Sometimes, I can make out these words. Help me. I am in Hell. You are going to die. You are going to Hell. It ends this year. I cannot make out the rest of these whispers. He addresses me as Derek or Wildman. Sometimes, its heavy breathing. Your father. Your brother. How can I get rid of this ghost.

• By chanting Hare Krishna. Read Srila Prabhupada’s books and follow the instructions Srila Prabhupada gives you as you read his books and chant Hare Krishna and that will benefit you and the ghost.

Ghosts and Spirits Are Real!
    When a man dies, he is called dead, but when he again appears in a form not visible to our present vision and yet acts, such a dead body is called a…
  • I can ask the devotees to chant Hare Krsna for me at the ISKCON Lesmahagow temple, to clear my home of these ghosts. Will that work. If I play a tape of Srila Praphupada chanting in the flat, will that help. There seem to be many ghosts. It ends this year. What are they talking about. I’m your daddy.Is that possible. I’m your brother. Unlikely. They have addressed me as Derek, Wildman and Derek Wildman. How do ghosts know my name.

• No. You have to become a serious devotee yourself and chant Hare Krishna yourself and then the ghosts will go away. So it means chanting at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra every day, strictly following the four regulative principles: no illicit sex, no meat eating, no gambling and no intoxication and read Srila Prabhupada’s books at least 1-2 hours a day. That is the beginning of Krishna consciousness and the end of the ghosts.

When a man dies, he is called dead, but when he again appears in a form not visible to our present vision and yet acts, such a dead body is called a…
  • The caste Brahmana system in India, where one has to be born into a caste Brahmana family. Does this derive from the Vedas. The caste system is apparently not meant for the Kali Yuga???
    In 1947, Nehru and the caste Brahmanas wanted to politically marginalise the Sikhs and the Moslems.There are over 1 million Indian soldiers in Kashmir. It seems the BJP and the caste Brahmanas still want to marginalise Pakistani Moslems and Punjabi Sikhs.

• Caste brahman system by birth is not in the Vedas. Bhagavad-gita Krishna says catur varnam maya srstam guna karma vibhagasa, “I have divided men into four divisions by quality and work.” He does not say He has divided men by birth. So there is a caste system in the Vedas, but one’s caste is determined by his guna and karma, his qualities and his work. If one has the qualities of a brahmana and works as a brahmana he is a brahmana, not that if he is born in a brahmana family he is a brahmana, no. That is incorrect. That is not the Vedic system. Qualities and occupations for a brahmana, a ksatriya, a vaisya and a sudra are all explained in detail by Krishna in the eighteenth chapter of Bhagavad-gita. So read it.

• Ghosts want to enjoy sex. So, they go into my dreams. They try to enjoy sex through my body. Some ghosts are very Mode of Ignorance. Some of them seem to be trying to advise me. One man is asking me to help him. He is in Hell. He is very distressed. Can the devotees pray for him. I cannot help him.

• You can help him by chanting Hare Krishna. Everyone is a devotee, you are a devotee, I am a devotee, we have just forgotten. So we can uncover our original Krishna consciousness and become pure devotees of Krishna by chanting:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Then, when we are pure devotees of Krishna, we can help everyone, even the ghosts.

• Shrila says:

I am wondering- if non-devotees are reincarnated- then how can they become ghosts that wander around bothering people? If they take another body, then how can there be ghosts? It seems quite contradictory.

• The ghosts are those non-devotees who are very attached to their material bodies and to the material world and who refuse to leave. So they hang around after leaving their bodies as ghosts. They remain in the same place as where they died, around their old body, or their old house, etc, and cause trouble. So they are not reincarnated as long as they remain ghosts, but when they cease being ghosts then they are reincarnated.

• I was anyways feeling like typing about ghosts and i saw your inquiry. So i sent it to you.

avikam

• Ghosts and Spirits Are Real!

When a man dies, he is called dead, but when he again appears in a subtle form not visible to our present vision and yet acts, such a dead body is called a ghost. Ghosts are always very bad elements, always creating a fearful situation for others.

It is practically experienced. I know that the ghost, if you go in a house ghostly haunted, if you chant Hare Krsna mantra, they’ll go away. They cannot tolerate. In my life there was several incidences like that. In my household life, I was doing business in Lucknow. So there was one house, very big house, worth thousands of rupees’ rent, but it was ghostly haunted. So nobody would take that house. I took it at two hundred rupees, (laughter) and very big house. And I was… All the servants, they complained, “Sir, there is ghost.” So I was chanting. He was living in several spots, especially on the gate side. So I could understand, but I would chant Hare Krsna, and I was saved. Everyone was saved. There was… And, say, in 1969 I was guest in the house of John Lennon in London. So there was a ghost in… It was a big plot. There was a guest house. So they complained, “Sir, here is ghost.” So I advised them to chant Hare Krsna, and the ghost went away. Yes. This is fact. When there is Hare Krsna chanting, these ghostly, demonic living entities, they’ll not be able to stay there. They’ll go away. [750203BG.HAW]

Those who are very sinful and attached to their family, house, village or country do not receive a gross body made of material elements but remain in a subtle body, composed of mind, ego and intelligence. Those who live in such subtle bodies are called ghosts. This ghostly position is very painful because a ghost has intelligence, mind and ego and wants to enjoy material life, but because he doesn’t have a gross material body, he can only create disturbances for want of material satisfaction. It is the duty of family members, especially the son, to offer oblations to the demigod Aryama or to Lord Visnu. From time immemorial in India the son of a dead man goes to Gaya and, at a Visnu temple there, offers oblations for the benefit of his ghostly father. It is not that everyone’s father becomes a ghost, but the oblations of pinda are offered to the lotus feet of Lord Visnu so that if a family member happens to become a ghost, he will be favored with a gross body. However, if one is habituated to taking the prasada of Lord Visnu, there is no chance of his becoming a ghost or anything lower than a human being. In Vedic civilization there is a performance called sraddha by which food is offered with faith and devotion. If one offers oblations with faith and devotion–either to the lotus feet of Lord Visnu or to His representative in Pitrloka, Aryama–one’s forefathers will attain material bodies to enjoy whatever material enjoyment is due them. In other words, they do not have to become ghosts. [SB 4.18.18]

The word eka-pada, “one-legged,” refers to ghosts, for it is said that ghosts walk on one leg. [SB 4.29.2]

Because of his desire to enjoy the material world, the living entity is dressed with the material gross and subtle bodies. Thus he is given a chance to enjoy the senses. The senses are therefore the instruments for enjoying the material world; consequently the senses have been described as friends. Sometimes, because of too much sinful activity, the living entity does not get a material gross body, but hovers on the subtle platform. This is called ghostly life. Because of his not possessing a gross body, he creates a great deal of trouble in his subtle body. Thus the presence of a ghost is horrible for those who are living in the gross body. [SB 4.29.6]

Sometimes the living entity is forced to give up his body and enter another one according to the judgment of Yamaraja. It is difficult, however, for the conditioned soul to enter another body unless the present dead body is annihilated through cremation or some other means. The living being has attachment for the present body and does not want to enter another, and thus in the interim he remains a ghost. If a living being who has already left his body has been pious, Yamaraja, just to give him relief, will give him another body. Since the living being in the body of the King had some attachment to his body, he was hovering as a ghost, and therefore Yamaraja, as a special consideration, approached the lamenting relatives to instruct them personally. Yamaraja approached them as a child because a child is not restricted but is granted admittance anywhere, even to the palace of a king. Besides this, the child was speaking philosophy. People are very much interested in hearing philosophy when it is spoken by a child. [SB 7.2.36]

After giving up the body, one is transferred to another body, but sometimes, if one is too sinful, he is checked from transmigrating to another body, and thus he becomes a ghost. To save a diseased person from ghostly life, the funeral ceremony, or sraddha ceremony, as prescribed in authorized sastra, must be performed. Ravana was killed by Lord Ramacandra and was destined for hellish life, but by Lord Ramacandra’s advice, Vibhisana, Ravana’s brother, performed all the duties prescribed in relation to the dead. Thus Lord Ramacandra was kind to Ravana even after Ravana’s death. [SB 9.10.29]

We have heard of people’s being haunted by ghosts. Having no gross material body, a ghost seeks shelter of a gross body to stay in and haunt. The Sakatasura was a ghost who had taken shelter of the handcart and was looking for the opportunity to do mischief to Krsna. When Krsna kicked the cart with His small and very delicate legs, the ghost was immediately pushed down to the earth and his shelter dismantled, as already described. This was possible for Krsna because He has full potency. [SB 10.7.9]

If a man becomes disappointed and he cuts his own throat or hangs himself, some way or other, eats some poison, to finish, does it mean that he is finished? Na hanyate hanyamane sarire. He is rascal. He does not know. By finishing this body he is finished–no, that is not possible. The result is, because he violated the rules of nature, he becomes a ghost. That is his life. One who commits suicide, he becomes a ghost. Ghost means he does not get this material body. He remains in the subtle body, mind, intelligence. Therefore ghost can go because he is in the mind. Mind speed is very strong. If you have got this material body, you cannot go immediately hundred miles off. But if you are in the mental body, you can go immediately, thousand miles immediately, within a second. So the ghost, they can play something wonderful because… But they are not happy because they have no gross body. They want to enjoy. He’s materialist. He has committed suicide for some material want. So he is want of material…, fulfilling material desire. He could not fulfill in this body; therefore commits suicide, but the desire is there. The desire is there, and he cannot fulfill it. He becomes perplexed. Therefore the ghost create disturbance sometimes.

You mention ghosts. So far I have experience, the best way to remove them is to chant Hare Krishna very loudly and have jubilant kirtana until they leave. In England, on Mr. John Lennon’s house where I was staying in 1969, there was one ghost. But as soon as the devotees began chanting very loudly, he went away immediately. [71-12-03]

His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Subhadra is the kid sister of Krsna and Balram, born to Devaki. Not much is mentioned about her birth and childhood in Srimad Bhagawatam. She was not in Vrindavan pastimes.  Her mother's name as Devaki is mentioned in Srimad Bhagawatam Canto 10 - though I am unable to get the full reference immediately.

Ghosts are souls without a gross body - they are in subtle body comprising of mind, intelligence and false ego. The soul in ghost body suffers because it needs a gross body and gross senses to enjoy or fulfill its heart's desires. Therefore, they sometimes enter a weak person's body and through that body, try to fulfill their desires. This causes distress to the original inhabitant soul of that body. 

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Thank you so much mataji for your reply.

This reply was deleted.