ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Hare Krishna

Please accept my humble Pranam

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Why Radharani’s name is not mentioned in Srimad Bhagwatam ???

What is the secret behind it??

Please enlighten on this.

Ys

Jagdish

Views: 237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krishna Jagdish Ramniklal Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

If You gave this question then You might attentively learned whole Bhagavatam. How glorious! Or You know the answer and just putting this question here.

Anyways, because Shukadeva Goswami was a beloved parrot of Shrimati Radhika. And He could not pronounce Her Name simply. When He did that He would fall unconscious out of love for Her-His Master. And He could not be able to finish telling Srimad Bhagavatam  in 7 days.

Your servant,

Hare Krishna,

Hare Krishna to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and Nityanand Mahaprabhu and Srila Prabhupada and Srimati Radharani.

I try my humble attempt to clear your doubts.

Although Radharani's name does not appear directly in the Bhagavatam Sukadeva Gosvami has given it in many places in an indirect way. I have heard in satsanga that Sukadeva Gosvami did not mention Radharani's name directly because he was the parrot of Radha and if he had mentioned Her name directly he would have gone into ecstatic trance for six months (Nirvikalpa Samadhi). As Maharaja Pariksit had only seven days to hear Srimad Bhagavatam he gave Radha's name in an indirect, hidden way. He cited the writings of Srila Sanatana Gosvami and Jiva Gosvami who have described the Bhagavatam phrase "sri suka uvaca" to mean "suka" - the parrot, of "Sri" - Radha.

As this is a very big topic I will present only a few items here. Perhaps some other Vaishnavas may want to add to this.

Shrila Prabhupada has addresses the subject of Radha's name in the Bhagavatam in several places. In CC Madhya 8.100 Ramananda Raya cites SB 10.30.28:

anayaradhito nunam
bhagavan harir isvarah
yan no vihaya govindah
prito yam anayad rahah

"[When the gopis began to talk among themselves, they said:] 'Dear friends, the gopi who has been taken away by Krishna to a secluded place must have worshiped the Lord more than anyone else.'"

In his purport Shrila Prabhupada writes:

"The name Radha is derived from this verse (SB 10.30.28), from the words anayaradhitah, meaning "by Her the Lord is worshiped." Sometimes the critics of Shrimad-Bhagavatam find it difficult to find Radharani's holy name in that book, but the secret is disclosed here in the word aradhita, from which the name Radha has come. Of course, the name of Radharani is directly mentioned in other Puranas. This gopi's worship of Krishna is topmost, and therefore Her name is Radha, or 'the topmost worshiper.'"

Although Radharani's name is only given in an indirect way in the Bhagavatam, rasika Vaishnavas see Her presence in each and every verse. Sanatana Gosvami, Jiva Gosvami and Vishvanatha Chakravarti have given many purports showing how Sukadeva Gosvami has given Radharani's name in an indirect way. In his commentary on the first verse of the Bhagavatam Jiva gives a long explanation of how the verse is referring to Radha. A few other examples of Sukadeva's indirect references to Radha follow:

In SB 10.32.4 Sukadeva has said, "kacit karambujam saurer jagrhe 'njalina - one of them seized Krishna's hand in her folded palms." Kacit refers to "*one* of them". That one is Radharani.

SB 10.30.38 describes:

evam uktah priyam aha
skandha aruhyatam iti
tatas cantardadhe krishnah
sa vadhur anvatapyata

"After being addressed by a particular gopi, Krishna told Her, "Climb up on My shoulder." Saying this He suddenly disappeared. Sa vadhur anvatapyata - His beloved consort (Radharani) then immediately felt great remorse."

SB 10.30.26 describes how after Krishna left the rasa dance with one special gopi the other gopis went searching for "vadhvah"- that special gopi (Radharani).

Please read following links carefully.

http://www.prabhupadaconnect.com/Srimati_Radharani.html

http://gaurangakishore.blogspot.com/2007/09/radhastami-lecture-by-s...

following link is not from ISKCON

http://jagadgurukripalujiyog.blogspot.com/2011/03/s-any-scriptural-...

Following link is not from ISKCON

http://radha.tribe.net/thread/b3fcd964-13fc-4c9f-990d-2d8218659d4c

I hope Sri Sri Radha Krishna frees you from any bewilderment.

Hare Krishna, Hari Bol

Your servant

thank You Sushant Pr for this wonderful explanation

Hare Krishna!! Even though there is no direct mention of Srimati Radharani's name, an implicit mention has been made through the word 'Sri Krishna.' The word 'Sri' means Radharani. If Sukhdeva would have mentioned Her name, He would go to trance for He would attain Mahabhava. So, He used a kind of nickname 'sri' which indicates Radharani.

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service