A Prayer By Adi Shankara

I prostrate myself before Govinda, the true Guru and ultimate Bliss,

who is the unattainable resort of all scriptures and Vedanta.

Vivek Chudamani 1.1

( Adi Shankaracharya )

I bow down to Him – to Sri Hari (the destroyer of ignorance), the Supreme Bliss, the First Teacher, Ishwara, the All-pervading One and the Cause of all Lokas (the universe).

Aparoksha Anubhuti 1.1

( Adi Shankaracharya )

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He only said in old age Philosophy doesn't helps much (may be due to weakening of brain). and it is hard to avoid rebirth with the help of Jnan Yoga.

Indirectly he had praised Bhakti Yoga in his teachings

• Hare Krsna.

• Volunteer

yes, Ashwani Kumar Prabhu,

it is written in Bhaktivinoda Thakur's "Navadwipa Dhama Mahatmya"

http://ebooks.iskcondesiretree.info/pdf/Gaudiya_Books%20/Bhaktivino...

There is a place in Rudradwipa one of the 9 islands of Navadwipa dhama called Shanrakpur. So this place is because of him Shankaracharya.

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/page/sankarpur

Link for downloading the book:

http://ebooks.iskcondesiretree.info/index.php?q=f&f=%2Fpdf%2FGa...

Your servant,

• possibly that was not Adi Sankara who gave adweata Philosophy  because he came in 9th century in 800s and Mahaprabhhu came just 500 years ago.

I have no reference but I have heard sankar achyara is a post now a days. head and leader of all scholars is selected / given the title of sankarachyara.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Bramharpan Prabhuji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Yes, You are right Adi Shankara was there before Lord Chaitania's appearance but in the books above it is told that when he came to Sri Navadwipa Dhama he saw in his dream Lord Chaitania.

And that time Lord told him that He will appear here in Navadwipa after some time....

In this way we do not saying about different things.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

please accept my humble obeisances!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Once Shankara were traveling and preaching all over India and once he reached Sri Navadwipa dhama. And there on his dream he saw Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu.

Mahaprabhu told to him that he is His servant, and he is doing nice service to Him by preaching his philosophy.

And told to him that after some time He will descend to this dhama. But told to leave Navadwipa dhama immediately because mayavadi should not be preached here. 

In this way he kicked him away from Navadwipa dhama. But told to him to serve to Him in his heart but preach mayavadi.

Your servant

This reply was deleted.