a meat seller can be a devotee

hare krishna..

all glories to srila prabhupada

it is absolutely imaginary situation.. 

forgive me if i offend asking this type of question.

i have a doubt if   a meat seller can be known as a devotee coz he indulged in krishna consciousness and chants regularly and felf himself fully dependent on Krishna..

following 4 regulative principle.

he is just a meat seller he dont have his own butcher hoouse, he just buy and sell.   however he can do other jobs but for more money he is doing this coz he want to serve krishna and family with this money..   coz he feels, in well comfort he can serve krishna better..

a fallen conditioned soul

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If the Chaitanya Charitamrita first Chapter is Read ; it is revealed there ; that a Person who sincerely chants the holy name ; all arrangements are made by Material Nature for him to carry out Bhakti

Read More..

• A devotee never wanted sell meat for anyone.. because a devotee not only think for himself but also he think for all the fallen soul.. so, he will be never  wanted to sell meat.. If he chant purely then Krishna will save him from this problem..

Hare Krishna

• Volunteer

One Devotee i remember continued to by cow meat to his son thinking that without meat child will be weak. But he himself accepted Krishna Consciousness, chanted over 16 rounds, read Bhagavad Gita ....

But after some time left chanting. So this sinful things after we become a Devotee becomes offenses. More powerful. 

Krishna may tolerate our sins in the past but if we continue them even having knowledge He won't allow us to have relationship with Him.

Your servant, 

• never ever put ur loved ones under false test tesae them its like a buchter using Krishna as an excuse
  • hare krishna

thank u to all prabhuji and mata ji for nice replies..

please again forgive me for offending by rising a imaginary situation..

hare krishna..  

• Volunteer

hare krishna:

Yes, anyone can be a devotee -- that's why Lord Chaitanya came. But a true devotee of God, who only wishes to serve him, will move away from all activities that displease his/her Lord. If he knows one of the regulative principles to be "Do not eat meat" then by extension, there is no need to be selling meat because it will bring Krishna great discontent. 

If he continues to sell meat, he would be using Krishna as an excuse for his activities and as rashmi mataji said to fulfill his greed..

Ys

• hare Krishna

IF WE STEP ON AN ANT BAREFOOT THEN IT WILL NOT DIE OR HARMED ,KRISHNA SAVES IT LIFE.

JAKO RAHKEY SAINYAN MAR SAKE NA KOI BAL NA BANKA KAR SAKE JO JAG BEERI HOIE

MEANS THE ONE GOD SAVES NO ONE CAN HARM

PLEASE SEE THE FISH IN WATER EATING ANOTHER FISH OR ITS PREY YOU WILL BE AMAZED .

SELLING MEAT IS AGAINST THE NATURE

PLEASE GUIDE

• In my opinion

He will leave that job by himself once he progress on KC...just continue on the path and let the things unfold..

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

A person can be a meat seller before becoming a devotee. Once he becomes a devotee, if he still wants to continue selling meat to get more money, that is greed. Brahmabhuta prasannatma na sochati na kankshati - a devotee is situated in brahman, always blissful, he neither laments nor hankers. He cannot become a devotee without stopping the material hankering first.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• I know a senior devotee in North America - he was born in a butcher family - he was fully transformed to a devotee by Srila Prabhupada - has been following Regulative principles for 40 plus years! he opened many temples and invites Srila Prabhupada to open them - he continues to do great service in North America.

Back to the question - if this imaginary butcher "internalized" this verse http://vedabase.net/bg/5/18/en do you think he will still do his butcher job ?
This reply was deleted.