A devotee friend problem!!!

Hare krsna,
all glories to shrila pravupad.dandavat to all the dear devotees....

i would like to share my devotee friend problem. he lives near by me and had been practising the KC for the couple of the years. i had been knowing him since my childhood. just a couple of week he shared me his problem saying that he had got the problem in the home.. hes father is always in the drunked mood.. since he had been drinking the alcohol for past many years and ruined his and family life also.he had earned before but due to bad association hes upto the limit of the sinful desires and activities...we dont know how he get money as hes not doing any job and working now..hes abt 50 yrs and when we ask about why hes doing all this then he says i hav got loan problem ..this and that and want the excuses for taking wine and smoking....even my grandparent doesnt care abt that as the are staying separately in the same house and they just want money from his son ..thats all..he said that hes mom is also most of the time sick and nobody cares her.. mine sister is preparing for exams and 2 elder brother just started earn the money.. 1 has left the study and other had not completed his engineering course...his dad as got too much loan and debts and doesnt do anything...my mom says that always go to foreign country so that u will be get out of this hellish life..as mine study is also not completed and confused what to do in this situation..parents says that wheres ur power of bhakti?as i am not so advanced sadhakha..what to do now??How to handle this situation...

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsihna Prabhu,

A friend in Krishna is a friend in deed. It seem both of you are in Krishna Conscious. You and your devotee friend should be aware of that " No one is responsible for the past Karma of any one." So, if your friend's father is addicted or suffering due to bad association or misconceptions,it is mainly due to his past karma. 

Once, Srilla Prabhupada was travelling from New Delhi to Vrindavan by a car with His western disciples. One beggar from the street approached Srilla Prabhupada and asked for some money. Prabhupada forbade His disciples to give him money.Rather, SP encouraged His disciple to give the beggar some prasadam to eat.Because the money which devotee would have been given,could have been used in gambling or intoxication or prostitution for which the donor has to partake the karma of that beggar. 

So, only your devotee friend can help his father by bringing him to Hare Krishna center where he will be purified by Krihna prasadam and temple services. 

As to your devotee friend's personal problem, advice him to become a full time devotee in one of our closest ISKCON center. Then rest is assured by Krishna without doubt.

"akam sarva kama va........."

Thank you,

Hare Krishna!

• I highly recommend Kaliyugaholics Anonymous which is now a group on facebook. This is a very serious group aimed at:

* - using the 12 step process for devotees to overcome many addictions [whether substances, gambling, illicit sex]

* - to understand the personality of Kali's influence on the world and the counteracting processes

* - to go deeply into purports of Srila Prabhupada to build a picture of Vedic psychology to provide useful frameworks

* - to encourage and nurture sadhana bhakti

* - to provide a safe, confidential space [not on facebook - only some co-ordination occurs on facebook] 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna PRabhuji,

PAMHO.

To do things for you - 1) approach Alcoholic Anonymous in your city. They will tell you how to deal with your father and your family members, both. You can find out by doing a google search, the nearest centre. 2) Strengthen your sadhana - ensure you chant your committed no. of rounds every day without fail and read Bhagavad Gita everyday. If possible, involve your family members also int he reading and discuss what you read. You can tell them that Pandit Nehru and Gandhiji used to read Gita to get solutions to their problems, so we can also try (so that it doesnt sound too much of ISKCON to them). You must read SP's Bhagavad Gita as it is. 3) Try to be patient with your family members and take up responsibility of your family to the extent you can, so that your words have weight in front of them. 4) Take care of your mom's health - its very important.

Best of luck, prabhu. Pray sincerely and Krsna will surely show you the way.

Haribol,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.