Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisance. All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

One of relatives is reading in class X and he is forced by his science teacher in school to kill a living frog to cut it's body (by pinning its hands and legs on a wax board) only to see what is inside the body. And this is weekly practical class for him. Even I remember in my earlier days, I have done this several times when I did not think deeply about the soul. But now as a KC I don't want him to do this.

How can I tell him or his teacher? I know this is a mandatory class for the student. This should not be done even in school, since the frog is alive. if it's dead then this could be accepted.

Just your Servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

I think it is banned now .

• Thanks, Prabhuji

i will surely take help....

• Actually Prabhuji... We dont have right to drive out the soul from a particular body.. be it human or animals... Krishna alone decides what should happen and when should happen.. Forcefully if we kill then it is against god's wishes... and we have to suffer for the sin..

• BG 18.7: Prescribed duties should never be renounced. If one gives up his prescribed duties because of illusion, such renunciation is said to be in the mode of ignorance.

BG 18.8: Anyone who gives up prescribed duties as troublesome or out of fear of bodily discomfort is said to have renounced in the mode of passion. Such action never leads to the elevation of renunciation.

BG 18.9: O Arjuna, when one performs his prescribed duty only because it ought to be done, and renounces all material association and all attachment to the fruit, his renunciation is said to be in the mode of goodness.

BG 18.10: The intelligent renouncer situated in the mode of goodness, neither hateful of inauspicious work nor attached to auspicious work, has no doubts about work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not doing your duty, because thinking killing him will cause him misery but these expressions arise from sense perception. One must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed. the non-permanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. one must not be under subject to senses but use them for ultimate purpose. the minds of ignorant men attached to the fruitive results of prescribed duties, a learned person should not induce them to stop work.

Frog is materially and spiritually decline, if you seriously want to help this innocent animal, kill him and send him in better place, if however you do not do this then it take longer time for him to come in human form and you will also occur sin of not performing duties meanwhile if you perform action with knowledge of absolute without personal motives you can free yourself & frog from bondage....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BG 2.38: Do thou fight for the sake of fighting, without considering happiness or distress, loss or gain, victory or defeat — and by so doing you shall never incur sin.

• Prabhuji, can you please reveal something about this 'frog sacrifice' from the Vedas ? Also please prove that it is the duty prescribed in Vedas to kill frogs in a 'frog sacrifice'. Also, please tell me something about the mantras to be recited during this 'frog sacrifice'. 

I don't understand how this 'frog-sacrifice' done by small children in a school laboratory will help a frog attain a human birth ?

The verses you have mentioned were directed towards Arjuna, a Kshatriya and the 'prescribed duties' means duties prescribed for various Varnas and Ashrama by the Shrutis and Smrutis. 

You talk like a wise person but you do not know the real essence of Vedas. 

• BG 2.45: The Vedas deal mainly with the subject of the three modes of material nature. O Arjuna, become transcendental to these three modes. Be free from all dualities and from all anxieties for gain and safety, and be established in the self.

BG 2.47: You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.

• Brother, you are simply quoting out of context and misinterpreting the words of scriptures.

May God bless you... 

• Thanks, you are so merciful

May God bless you to...

• True Prabhuji, even in my school time, such cruel experiments never happened. 

• BG 2.11: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead.

BG 2.20: For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.

BG 2.21: O Pārtha, how can a person who knows that the soul is indestructible, eternal, unborn and immutable kill anyone or cause anyone to kill?

BG 2.23: The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.

BG 2.24: This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, present everywhere, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same.

BG 2.25: It is said that the soul is invisible, inconceivable and immutable. Knowing this, you should not grieve for the body.

BG 2.26: If, however, you think that the soul [or the symptoms of life] is always born and dies forever, you still have no reason to lament, O mighty-armed.

BG 2.27: One who has taken his birth is sure to die, and after death one is sure to take birth again. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament.

BG 2.30: O descendant of Bharata, he who dwells in the body can never be slain. Therefore you need not grieve for any living being.

BG 2.31: Considering your specific duty as, you should know that there is no better engagement for you than fighting on religious principle; and so there is no need for hesitation.

BG 2.33: If, however, you do not perform your religious duty of fighting, then you will certainly incur sins for neglecting your duties and thus lose your reputation.

BG 2.34: People will always speak of your infamy, and for a respectable person, dishonor is worse than death.

BG 2.38: Do thou fight for the sake of fighting, without considering happiness or distress, loss or gain, victory or defeat — and by so doing you shall never incur sin.

BG 2.47: You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty

BG 2.48: Perform your duty equipoised, O Arjuna, abandoning all attachment to success or failure. Such equanimity is called yoga.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If everyone is thinking like you then there is no operations & medical treatments.how have these impurities come upon you? They are not at all befitting a man who knows the value of life. They lead not to higher planets but to infamy. Give up such petty weakness of heart and arise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BG 3.27: The spirit soul bewildered by the influence of false ego thinks himself the doer of activities that are in actuality carried out by the three modes of material nature.

BG 18.17: One who is not motivated by false ego, whose intelligence is not entangled, though he kills men in this world, does not kill. Nor is he bound by his actions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BG 18.14: The place of action [the body], the performer, the various senses, the many different kinds of endeavor, and ultimately the Supersoul — these are the five factors of action.

BG 18.15: Whatever right or wrong action a man performs by body, mind or speech is caused by these five factors.

BG 18.16: Therefore one who thinks himself the only doer, not considering the five factors, is certainly not very intelligent and cannot see things as they are.

BG 18.6: All these activities should be performed without attachment or any expectation of result. They should be performed as a matter of duty, O son of Pṛthā. That is My final opinion

BG 18.10: The intelligent renouncer situated in the mode of goodness, neither hateful of inauspicious work nor attached to auspicious work, has no doubts about work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BG 5.8-9: A person in the divine consciousness, although engaged in seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, eating, moving about, sleeping and breathing, always knows within himself that he actually does nothing at all. Because while speaking, evacuating, receiving, or opening or closing his eyes, he always knows that only the material senses are engaged with their objects and that he is aloof from them.

This reply was deleted.