Hare Krsna...PAMHO 

All glories to Prabhupada..

Recently i met one astrologer.He said the the next one year i will be having effect of  Kethu graha.So i should recite the following mantra daily for 5mins.

Palasa-puspa-sankasam taraka-graha-mastakam

raudram raudratmakam ghoram tam ketum pranamamy aham

My doubt is as iam chanting Hare Krsna Maha mantra daily,do i need to recite the above mantra also.

As Krsna is Supreme Pesonality of God.By chanting his name,will kethu graha  be satisfied? The astrologer suggested me "both mantras are different,so you should chant kethu mantra too".

I want clear clarification on the above.Please help me in resolving the confusion that is mentioned above.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna...

Thank you so much devotees.. I am blessed to be a devotee of Krishna.

• pranamji,

i join to maralji's opinion.but also we should try to please kethu.i am also having kethu dasha now.being devotees of krishna,there will not be huge side effects.but problem is that,(i experienced)we will cannot able to perform devotional service properly.that means diseases,or any other factors blows away our mind from krishna.our aim to perform bhakti na.so u must pray for kethu graha also.and say"oh son of simhika,bless me to do devotional service to krishna"

jai krishna...(mind this>>for our krishna" bhakti,we can pray to any graha or demigod)

• { Hare Krishna !! my humble pranAms to Krshna-Bhaktas !! sri krshna padakamalam sharanam prapadhyE }

Navagrahas are gods who act as per instructions of the supreme. They are the witnesses to the karma of every person, and they watch the happiness or sadness, i.e. good or bad times of persons as per their Karma. The Navagrahas move constantly and observe everyone's actions and report them. As told by Varaha Mihira, Navagrahas are not the direct cause of bad or good times, but they only suggest everyone's well being as per individual karma. They only decide the period of happiness or bad times.

A scripture called shri lakshmi nrusimha gadhya (from sri vaishnava sampradaya) suggests surrendering to lord lakshmi nrusimha deva to pass through the difficult times of these planetary phases, who protects us from the influence of maya and prevents us from falling into adharma.

my suggestion would be to do more maha mantra chants and pray to lord nrusimha deva in ISKCON temples for His support.

P.S. -> Rahu and Ketu, though were demons, got elevated to the status of navagraha devas as they too drank the nectar of immortality distributed by Sri Krishna-mohini.

May krshna shower his graceful blessings on you !!

-in service of krshna and his bhaktas - suresh

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees! Please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

in the beginning of Jyotisha shastra there is a prayer in which Parashara Muni Prays to Krishna:

Oh Krishna, i pay my obeisances unto You who manifested Himself as 9 planets....

in this way all those planets are only from the energies of Krishna. No need to feed hand or legs, if we just feed stomach in the form of blood hands and legs will get food and will have proper energy to perform their duties.

That Astrologer saw only Ketu who was effecting to Your karma little bit wrongly, but who knows how many other planets effect to our karma??? And to how many of them we can read mantra or prayers?

But if we just attentively chant Maha Mantra and satisfy Maha Purusha - Lord Krishna then we will be protected.

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.