512 year old Devraha Baba?

Please accept nr humble obeisances.All glories to Srila Prabhupada, Sri Guru and Gaura.Hare KrishnaI read about Devraha Baba.I also saw something on youtube about him.Was he really that old? Was he both from water?Did he meet Tulasi das?your servantBhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Brijesh Prabhuji. dandavat Pranam. All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

/*sorry to say bt sum peoples in iskcon r narrow minded u all guyz r creatures in a well u think tht evry thng is written in tht sixty books.*/

BG 2.46: All purposes served by a small well can at once be served by a great reservoir of water. Similarly, all the purposes of the Vedas can be served to one who knows the purpose behind them.

Srila Prabhupada is like Ocean , His 60 transcendental books can surpass crores of  useless books. Knowledge can be attained from a single knowledgeable source which is pure authentic ,where as one may speculate thousands of years, may read thousands of literature from here and there, but still be a same dumb person. It is not narrow minded but intelligence to follow the authentic one. Gulab Yamun may we get from many sweets shop in a city, but Only shop is always there whose Gulab yamun is best, And intelligent people go there only.

Srila Prabhupada is not blessing giving baba's like others (no meant to offence others, may they got some great siddhis) but still Srila Prabhupada transformed and still transforming thousands of life.We don't need any comparison of others to Srila Prabhupada neithier we are against anyone. But our philosophy is deep rooted in Vedas and who has practised it sincierely, there life got transformed, and for that one Bhagavad Gita As It Is is enough.

/*"who hv blessed tulsidas,motilal nehru,jawaharlal nehru,dr.rajendra prasad,indira gandhi,rajiv gandhi,ashok singhal,king of brunei,attal bihari vajpayee etc etc*/

What this politicians did to India we already Know, totally eridicated the Brahaminical culture. We don't need this kind of disciples.

your aspring servant

Hari Bol

• yes david devraha baba was siddha yogi baba his disciples were motilal nehru,rajendra prasad,jawahr lal nehru,indira gandhi,rajiv gandhi,attal bihari vajpayee,vp singh,ashok singhal,king of brunei,sheikh of saudia etc many more....he was blessed by krishna himself.he was gr8 devotee of krishna.he was born from water,he nevr weared ny clothes.He lived on a 12-foot-high (3.7 m) wooden platform and wore no clothes. A barricade of wooden planks hid his naked body from his devotees.Devraha was described as a "fully God realized master" and "an ageless saint of legendary repute". One legend has it that Devraha blessed Tulsidas (1532–1623), which would make him over 500 years old. A rough estimate is that around the world, his devotees may number in hundreds of thousands to millions of people. Devraha Baba's birth date has been claimed as 1477; his death in 1989 would give a lifespan of 512 or 513 years, one of the longest modern longevity myth. david he blessed 1 of my relative who was paralyized n she becum completly fit n fyne aftr baba blessed him. Thr are many more miracle by him just try to know him deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGYkUuvPmiQ.watch out full video of devraha baba.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna David Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Please, permit me to ask You some questions!

Did You read Nectar of Instructions? It is a small book but with very important instructions.

There explains what should we avoid in Krishna Consciousness and what should we accept.

One of those avoidable things is NOT TO READ LOTS OF USELESS THINGS.

Please, forgive me for saying this !!!!

But there are sooooooooooooooooo many literatures in this age. And soooooooooooooooooo many authors who drink, eat meat, smoke........and write books in order to get fame and money.

and we will read their literature firstly we will LOOSE TIME

secondly we will POLLUTE OUR  MIND - which is enough polluted already.

Srila Prabhupada translated over 60 books and they are enough for us. We can read other things only after reading Prabhupada's books.

Please again forgive me!

i just want to help You not to order something or something like that.

Your servant, 

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGYkUuvPmiQ.

sorry to say bt sum peoples in iskcon r narrow minded u all guyz r creatures in a well u think tht evry thng is written in tht sixty books.The person u talking abt let me quote u "he was not a road side baba he was the last siddha baba"who hv blessed tulsidas,motilal nehru,jawaharlal nehru,dr.rajendra prasad,indira gandhi,rajiv gandhi,ashok singhal,king of brunei,attal bihari vajpayee etc etc many more,accrdng to him krishna is only the supreme lord.He was a gr8 devotee of krishna.

Devraha Baba (claimed 1477 - 1989[1] or June 19, 1990was an Indian Siddha Yogi saint who lived beside the Yamuna river in Mathura. He lived on a 12-foot-high (3.7 m) wooden platform and wore no clothes. A barricade of wooden planks hid his naked body from his devotees.[1] He came down only to bathe in the river.[2] His followers claimed that he was more than 250 years old when he died in 1989.[1]

Devraha was described as a "fully God realized master" and "an ageless saint of legendary repute". One legend has it that Devraha blessed Tulsidas (1532–1623), which would make him over 500 years old. A rough estimate is that around the world, his devotees may number in hundreds of thousands to millions of people. Devraha Baba's birth date has been claimed as 1477; his death in 1989 would give a lifespan of 512 or 513 years, one of the longest modern longevity myths.[3]The first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, stated that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a c....According to Devraha, he wasn't born from a woman's womb, but emerged from water.According to legend, Devraha Baba never ate any food.

This reply was deleted.