4 Regulative principles

Hare Krishna Devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am preaching to western person about Krishna Consciousness. He wants to know more about Shastric evidence of 4 regulative principles as in quotes from Shastras. I am not very familiar with Shastras and citing verses to support regulative principles.

Can someone please help me and provide me shastric evidence as well as some explanation on them for following 4 regulative principles.

your aspiring servant.

jimmy.  

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you prabhuji. Appreciate your help. Ys
  • Actually there is 5 principles based on Srimad Bhagavatam :

SB 1.17.38Sūta Gosvāmī said: Mahārāja Parīkṣit, thus being petitioned by the personality of Kali, gave him permission to reside in places where gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter were performed.
    SB 1.17.39The personality of Kali asked for something more, and because of his begging, the King gave him permission to live where there is gold (  or money ), because wherever there is gold ( or money ), there is also falsity, intoxication, lust, envy and enmity.
    SB 1.17.40Thus the personality of Kali, by the directions of Mahārāja Parīkṣit, the son of Uttarā, was allowed to live in those five places.
    SB 1.17.41Therefore, whoever desires progressive well-being, especially kings, religionists, public leaders, brāhmaṇas and sannyāsīs, should never come in contact with the five above-mentioned irreligious principles.

This reply was deleted.