Question: What is Devotional Service?

Question: What is Devotional Service?What is devotional service? Is it everything that the guru has instructed although it may seem to others that it is not? Can one also practice devotional service when he or she lives outside of a temple?I am submissively requesting you to enlighten me.Hare KrishnaAnswer: Are You Ready?Devotional service means to follow the instructions of the Bhagavad-gita under the guidance of the bona fide spiritual master.What others consider devotional service to be or not to be does not matter. We simply put our unflinching faith in the words of Lord Sri Krishna and our spiritual master. This strong faith makes us solid in the practice of devotional service.It does not matter whether one lives at home or in a temple. One simply has to strictly follow the regulative principles mentioned below so that one becomes fully absorbed in Krishna consciousness 24 hours daily:1. No illicit sex2. No intoxication3. No meat eating4. No gambling5. Chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra at least 16 rounds a day on japa mala beads.6. Regularly read authorized scriptures such as Bhagavad-gita As It Is7. Eat only Krishna prasadam (vegetarian foodstuffs offered with love and devotion to Lord Sri Krishna)Hari Hari Bol.For more discussions visithttp://harekrishnaharekrishna.ning.com/forum/

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.