Question: How to Rise Above Job Stresses?

Gurudeva.How can I better rise above the stresses of my daily job, and do this job for Krishna? Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with stress.Fully surrendered,StudentAnswer: Become Surcharged with BhaktiFor a stress free day, rise early in the morning before sunrise. No later than 4:00 am is the ideal time. Take your bath. Dress yourself in devotional clothing and decorate your body with tilaka. Then after offering obeisances to Guru and Krishna, sing the Gurvastakam prayers with great feeling and devotion, chant 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra on your Japa mala beads, study the Srimad Bhagavatam, and have a Krishna prasadam breakfast. Now you are fully surcharged to handle and conquer over any and all stresses that the material energy may hurl at you throughout the day.And once you get to work the best way to rise above the stresses of your job is to see that this entire material world is a special arrangement of the Lord to help you reconnect yourself with Him. There is nothing here that is absolutely important save and except your fully surrendering yourself at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krishna. The things and events of this world only have genuine importance when they are offered fully in the Lord's service. In this mood you should enthusiastically and expertly conduct your job for the pleasure of Krishna for He is your ultimate boss.Doing your job for the pleasure of Krishna means that all of the money earned from your job is Krishna's money. It is not your money. He has entrusted that money unto you for spending in a Krishna conscious way. In other words, you should provide your family with a comfortable Krishna conscious life style, save for their future needs, and beyond that the remaining balance should be donated to those who are pushing forward this Krishna consciousness movement for the deliverance of the suffering souls of this age.In this way you will cultivate detachment and gain deeper and deeper practical realization of how everything throughout the entire world is the property of Krishna and should all be utilized in His service. By such an enlightened lifestyle, you will be an acharya, someone who teaches the principles of Krishna consciousness by his example, and you will qualify yourself to regain your original, eternal position as an associate of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His unlimited pastimes in the spiritual world.Hari Hari Bolhttp://harekrishnaharekrishna.ning.com/?xgi=4e3PEPP

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna prabhu g....
    very nice answer really......
    But prabhu g being a working lady who has to take all household work sometime it seems very difficult to follow the instruction u mentioned......
    pls guide me in this matter.....
This reply was deleted.