Replies

• SB 7.7.11When the great saint Nārada Muni had thus spoken, King Indra, being respectful to Nārada’s words, immediately released my mother. Because of my being a devotee of the Lord, all the demigods circumambulated her. Then they returned to their celestial kingdom.
    SB 7.7.12Prahlāda Mahārāja continued: The great saint Nārada Muni brought my mother to his āśrama and assured her of all protection, saying, “My dear child, please remain at my āśrama until the arrival of your husband.”
    SB 7.7.13After accepting the instructions of Devarṣi Nārada, my mother stayed in his care, without fear from any direction, as long as my father, the King of the Daityas, had not become free from his severe austerities.
    SB 7.7.14My mother, being pregnant, desired the safety of her embryo and desired to give birth after her husband’s arrival. Thus she stayed at Nārada Muni’s āśrama, where she rendered service unto Nārada Muni with great devotion.
    SB 7.7.15Nārada Muni delivered his instructions both to me, who was within the womb, and to my mother, who was engaged in rendering him service. Because he is naturally extremely kind to the fallen souls, being in a transcendental position, he gave instructions on religion and transcendental knowledge. These instructions were free from all material contamination.
    SB 7.7.16Because of the long duration of time that has passed and because of her being a woman and therefore less intelligent, my mother has forgotten all those instructions; but the great sage Nārada blessed me, and therefore I could not forget them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    We can see here that soul who enetered the womb of Hiranyakashipus wife was already mahabhagavata, even before blessings of transcendental knowledge by Sri Narada.
    Therefore we should consider Sri Prahlad to be already pure devotee in his past life.
    The person can not become pure devotee mahabhagavata just by accidentally clean the ruin of past temple and stayed there for one day fasting because being upset from the fight with his girlfriend.
    Thats my personal opinion.
    SB 7.7.11
    Although King Indra and the other demigods are exalted personalities, they were so obedient to Nārada Muni that King Indra immediately accepted Nārad…
    • Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Dandavat pranam at your lotus feet. Jai Srila Prabhupada!

Prabhu, to my knowledge the form of Lord Nrsimha is eternal in the spiritual sky. But here in context of Mother Laxmi, it is to be to understood that this ferocious form of Lord Nrsimha is not experienced by Her before.

Regarding Srila Prahlad Maharaja's past life, he is a Bhagavata, one of the twelve mahajanas, but he was in between sadhana siddhis and eternal siddhis. Definitely from the very beginning of his life he exhibited extra ordinary devotional qualities but still he did not achieve complete result of his devotional service up until he was touched by the lotus hand of Sri Nrsimha Deva Himself.

H H Bhati Caru Maharaja referred Hari Bhakti Vilas which has been compiled by our Sambandha acharya Srila Sanatana Goswami Pada. We can't argue about the authority of the books written by our acharyas. If we do that, our devotional understanding won't be complete. The matters of devotional service should be understood through the perspective of a pure devotee who can see beyond the material vision. 

Hope I did not offend you by any of my words.

Your Aspiring Servant,

Koladwip Prana Das

• The main duty of qualified student is to make a questions, if not , then the qualified Guru will never be satisfied just by blindly accepting everything he teach.

Vyasa scriptures is orientation for sadhu and guru, but  bhakti rasa mood written scriptures are  independent from any scriptural base, being itself authoritative.

All misunderstandings and contradiction between Vyasa scriptures and Bhakti mood scriptures should be solved trough understanding that.

• What you have presented in our discussion is not a question rather your understanding without any authoritative source. Someone who is in transcendental stage, what he sees, what he hears, what he writes -- all become Sruti, the transcendental knowledge. Here nothing is taken as blindly as Maharaja quoted the source of his knowledge as well while your question based on Srimad Bhagavatam only. Srimad Bhagavatam has various commentaries presented by different acharyas to understand the matters in proper context. We need to accept all those as proper authority.

• Understanding Absolute Truth from the point  of gopi rasa mood, should not to be expected the same as from Sri Shuka, Narada, Vyasa, Shiva, Prahlada and other authorities of transcendental knowledge.

Thats why bhakti mood scriptures are only authoritative for particular bhakti mood or path.

Those who do not agree with this statements, would also never agree neither with this statements of Sri Narada :

SB 7.1.23The great sage Śrī Nāradajī said: O King, blasphemy and praise, chastisement and respect, are experienced because of ignorance. The body of the conditioned soul is planned by the Lord for suffering in the material world through the agency of the external energy.
            SB 7.1.24My dear King, the conditioned soul, being in the bodily conception of life, considers his body to be his self and considers everything in relationship with the body to be his. Because he has this wrong conception of life, he is subjected to dualities like praise and chastisement.
            SB 7.1.25Because of the bodily conception of life, the conditioned soul thinks that when the body is annihilated the living being is annihilated. Lord Viṣṇu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the supreme controller, the Supersoul of all living entities. Because He has no material body, He has no false conception of “I and mine.” It is therefore incorrect to think that He feels pleasure or pain when blasphemed or offered prayers. This is impossible for Him. Thus He has no enemy and no friend. When He chastises the demons it is for their good, and when He accepts the prayers of the devotees it is for their good. He is affected neither by prayers nor by blasphemy.
            SB 7.1.26Therefore by enmity or by devotional service, by fear, by affection or by lusty desire — by all of these or any one of them — if a conditioned soul somehow or other concentrates his mind upon the Lord, the result is the same, for the Lord, because of His blissful position, is never affected by enmity or friendship.

SB 7.1.27Nārada Muni continued: By devotional service one cannot achieve such intense absorption in thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead as one can through enmity toward Him. That is my opinion.
            SB 7.1.28-29A grassworm confined in a hole of a wall by a bee always thinks of the bee in fear and enmity and later becomes a bee simply because of such remembrance. Similarly, if the conditioned souls somehow or other think of Kṛṣṇa, who is sac-cid-ānanda-vigraha, they will become free from their sins. Whether thinking of Him as their worshipable Lord or an enemy, because of constantly thinking of Him they will regain their spiritual bodies.
            SB 7.1.30Many, many persons have attained liberation simply by thinking of Kṛṣṇa with great attention and giving up sinful activities. This great attention may be due to lusty desires, inimical feelings, fear, affection or devotional service. I shall now explain how one receives Kṛṣṇa’s mercy simply by concentrating one’s mind upon Him.
            SB 7.1.31My dear King Yudhiṣṭhira, the gopīs by their lusty desires, Kaṁsa by his fear, Śiśupāla and other kings by envy, the Yadus by their familial relationship with Kṛṣṇa, you Pāṇḍavas by your great affection for Kṛṣṇa, and we, the general devotees, by our devotional service, have obtained the mercy of Kṛṣṇa.

Yoga Maya keeps all rasa pure devotees to be in their mood, and because of that illusion, understanding Absolute Truth about Lord, jiva and their interactions are also based on such transcendental illusion.

Transcendental knowledge are hidden from those influenced by material or transcendental illusion. Thats the fact.

Srimad Bhagavatam can be completely understood only  based  on  transcendental knowledge of Absolute Truth, as its presented by original writer .

SB 7.1.23
            In Bhagavad-gītā (18.61) it is said:īśvaraḥ sarva-bhūtānāṁ hṛd-deśe ’rjuna tiṣṭhatibhrāmayan sarva-bhūtāni yantrārūḍhāni māyayā
  • http://bcswamiarticles.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-prahlad-maharaja-be...

How Prahlad Maharaja became such a great devotee
    “Keshava dhrita narahari rupa jaya jagadisa hare. Keshava, Krishna, assumed that Narahari Narsimhadeva form. So that happened on that ...
    • Lord Nrisimhadeva didnt ever appeared before in this form :

SB 7.9.2The goddess of fortune, Lakṣmījī, was requested to go before the Lord by all the demigods present, who because of fear could not do so. But even she had never seen such a wonderful and extraordinary form of the Lord, and thus she could not approach Him.
      Therefore existence  of His temple before His appearance is questionable.
      SB 7.9.2
      The Lord has unlimited forms and bodily features (advaitam acyutam anādim ananta-rūpam). These are all situated in Vaikuṇṭha, yet Lakṣmīdevī, the god…
This reply was deleted.