1. Always keep a small book in your purse, bag, or backpack. That way, anytime the conversation goes towards Krsna, you can pull out the book, if even just to show them a picture.
2. Leave books in waiting rooms at the doctor's office, laundry mat, or any place where people have to wait and can happily read something. Write or stamp inside the book "Please take" or "Free Gift".
3. Give books to people who come to your house to make deliveries, fix things, etc.
4. Give books as gifts for any occasion, like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, engagement parties, home openings, graduations, etc.
5. Ask local Indian/ Asian market if they will display and sell your books
6. Donate books to a local library
7. Ask local health food shops if they will display and sell books
8. Ask at a local import shops or new age shops if they will display and sell books
9. Book a booth at any local fairs or events
10. Lay a blanket on the grass in the local park, with books on top, and sing kirtans to attract people
11. Sell the books to a used book shop
12. Approach local book shops about selling the books
13. Distribute books to co-workers
14. Give books to family members
15. Give books to friends and/or classmates
16. Go to events, where large crowds have gathered
17. Spend a bit of time in the spiritual/ religious section of any book shop and make conversation with people looking for books on these topics.
18. Go on harinama sankirtana and distribute books to the people who stop to watch
19. Approach people waiting at bus stands, subways, train stations
20. Distribute books to shop keepers you regularly shop with
21. Get a permit to setup a book table
22. Go door to door
23. Check for any yoga or similar clubs at your local university. If there isn't one, start it.
24. Approach yoga centers in your community. Ask if you can display books there or have a program there.
25. Distribute prasadam and display books
26. Donate books to be put in hotel rooms
27. Ask an experienced book distributor to take you out on book distribution
28. When you are travelling by train in India, join the local temple sankirtan party
29. Make a book distribution buddy. Commit to getting together once a week or so and distributing books together.
30. Ask people working in shops if they would like a book.
31. Approach business owners (especially Indians) and ask if they would like to buy books in bulk to distribute to employees.
32. Start a book table at your University or College campus.
33. Whenever you distribute a book, or even if you don't make sure to be very friendly and have a sweet smile. When people are pleased with you they will come back for more.
34. You can distribute books on e-bay, Amazon, or other websites like those.
35. Distribute through flyers: Create and distribute flyers that have the Krishna.com website (or your local temple book shop). Include pictures, excerpts, testimonials, your local number, website, and email.
36. Take people's e-mails, and don't "sell" the books, but inform and inspire them to take.
37. Next time you take a flight; just place a couple books in the magazine pockets of the seats. The next group of passengers will be in for a pleasant surprise.
38. Leave books on the magazine tables in reception areas of businesses, professional offices, and other establishments.
39. If you can't distribute books yourself, help someone who already is for example, you can buy books for them to distribute.
40. Assist devotees who want to distribute books by covering their other temple services etc.
41. You can get a street address listing from some phone companies. You could choose any little town that may never have a chance to see devotees or you may want to take responsibility for a particular section of a larger city. Set aside a small portion of your monthly income and send out a few books each month until you've covered your chosen area.
42. Setup a cake sale or cookie sale at work or in the town, for every donation to the prasadam include the cost of the book as a "free" incentive.
Whatever their interest is, show how this book is going to add more Krishna to it - the All Attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead is the attractive feature in everything we enjoy.