Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu..
    U have to first proper dough to make a chapati,which is not too hard or not too soft...once it is made keep it at least for some time,and then after preparing the chapati,and putting it on the tava,see that u bake the chapati or put it up and down on the tava only 3 times,not much but it shuld be properly baked,and then you can after removing down from the tava,aft few minutes you can keep it in a clean cloth or a big tiffin(made especilly for chapatis)...Hari Bol.
    • Hare krnsa, Looking at ur reply the ingredents u mention i hve no idea what they are or where to get them
  • the good way to keep the capati soft is to prepare the chapati and cover the capatis in a piece of cloth till you eat that.it will be very soft when you take you to eat.
    YEs neetu, even i am also doing the same thing for the preparation of chapati since i learnt how to make chapati.
    preparing in this way makes the chapati more tasty.
    THAT.IT
    • dont be in a hurry to make chapati take your time and hari in consciousness
      and practise to make and go to nearby iskcon centre on sundaysto make puris
      or come to chicago we are always short of help iam also learning yet my chapatis are becoming papad hank you for the recipe hare krsna
  • i got the solution: simply purchase the chapati maker and follow the injunctions....nway both methods i tried as suggested by matajis, both are correct and work. But in order to save time, my solution is the best.
    hk
  • well Neetu mataji i have never tried this way....i will try one chapati this way and see....by turning u mean only one side rotating isn't it?
  • Hare krishna,
    You can also try this method to make a soft chapati: Roll the chapati and put on the nonstick tava, heat little bit one side and turn the chapati now heat the chapati same side ( don't heat both side ) when one side heated on tava, heat other side directly on the fame of gas. From this method Chapati will be very soft for many hours.

But please note that u should be careful not to burn your hands on fire.
  • try to take more amount of dough u usually take... a little more not too much... and heat the chapati with a cloth.. i mean press lightly wid a cloth it will be fine...
    • thanks mataji
      let us see how it comes
This reply was deleted.