Eight Prayers in Glorification of Srimati Radharani
By Srila Bhaktivinod Thakura
radhika-carana-padma, sakala sreyera sadma,
jatane je nahi aradhilo
radha-padmankita dhama, brndabana jar nama,
taha je na asroy korilo
1) He who has failed to carefully worship the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani, which are the abode of all auspiciousness; he who has not taken shelter in the transcendental abode known as Vrndavana, which is decorated with the beautiful lotus flower named Radha...
radhika-bhava-gambhir, citta jeba mahadhir,
gana-sanga na koilo jivane
kemone se syamananda, rasa-sindhu-snanananda,
labhibe bujhoha eka-mane
2) ...he who in this life has not associated with the devotees of Radhika, who are very wise and whose devotion for Radha is very deep-how will such a person ever experience the bliss of bathing in the ocean of Lord Syama's sublime mellows? Please understand this most attentively.
radhika ujjvala-raser acarya
3) Srimati Radhika is the exemplary teacher of the brilliant mellows of conjugal love. This pure love between Radha and Madhava is worthy of discussion and contemplation.
je dharilo radha-pada parama jatane
se pailo krsna-pada amulya-ratane
4) He who has grasped hold of the lotus feet of Radha with great care obtains the lotus feet of Krsna, which are like priceless jewels.
radha-pada vina kabhu krsna nahi mile
radhar dasir krsna sarva-vede bole
5) Without taking shelter of the lotus feet of Radha, one can never personally meet Lord Krsna. The Vedic scriptures declare that Krsna is the property of the maidservants of Sri Radha.
chorata dhana-jan, kalatra-suta-mita,
chorata karama geyan
radha-pada-pankaja, madhurata sevan,
6) Abandoning wealth, followers, wife, sons, and friends, and giving up materialistic activities and intellectual knowledge, being absorbed in the sweetness of service to the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani--this is Bhaktivinoda's conviction.
radha-bhajane jadi mati nahi bhela
krsna-bhajana tava akarana gela
1) If your desire for the worship of Srimati Radharani does not come about, then your so-called worship of Krsna is completely useless.
atapa-rohita suraya nahi jani
radha-virahita madhava nahi mani
2) Just as I never know the sun to be without without sunlight, so I do not care to regard Madhava without Radha.
kevala madhava pujaye so ajnani
radha anadara koro-i abhimani
3) One who worships Madhava alone is imperfect in his knowledge, and one who disrespects Radha is simply conceited and proud.
kabanhi nahi korobi tankor sanga
citte icchasi jadi braja-rasa-ranga
4) You should never associate with such a person if you at all desire within your heart to participate in the eternal sportive pastimes of Vraja.
radhika-dasi jadi hoy abhiman
sighra-i mila-i taba gokula-kan
5) If one considers oneself to be a humble maidservant of Radhika, then such a person very quickly meets the Lord of Gokula.
brahma, siva, narada, sruti, narayani
radhika-pada-raja pujaye mani'
6) Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Narada Muni, the personified Vedas, and Laksmi-devi all honor and worship the dust of Radhika's lotus feet.
uma, rama, satya, saci, candra, rukmini
7) The Vedic scriptures declare that the goddesses Uma, Rama, Satya, Saci, Candra, and Rukmini are all personal expansions of Srimati Radharani.
heno radha-paricarya jankara dhan
bhakativinoda ta'r magaye caran
8) Bhaktivinoda, whose only treasure is the service of such a Radha, humbly begs for Her lotus fe