By Iksvaku Das
It is nearly 100 years since the last time the great Congregational preacher; Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura was present on this planet. With the intention of acknowledging his legacy, ISKCON Congregational Development Ministry is suggesting different ways to celebrate this memorable event:
1. Support the creation of a local working-team responsible for the celebration of the anniversary.
2. Help to set up an event (or a series of them) to raise awareness of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
3. Read his biography (The 7th Goswami) and some of his books (e.g.“Harinama Cintamani”, “Godruma Kalpatavi”, etc.).
4. Organize Bhajan groups to sing and study the purport of his Vaisnava songs.
5. Dedicate some lectures (Sunday feast or others) to present Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura’s life and achievements.
6. Distribute promotional material and display a poster (or a plaque) referring to the celebration of the 100th year Disappearance Anniversary.
7. Celebrate with a special event the Disappearance Day on Friday 27th of June 2014 (confirm the date with your local Vaisnava calendar).
8. Request senior preachers (local or visiting) to deliver seminars on Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
Kaunteya Prabhu unveiled the logo during a plenary at the ILS (ISKCON Leadership Sanga), 2014.