Gender
Female
Kuwait city
Birthday: August 6
You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!
Gender
Female
Location
Kuwait city
Birthday:
August 6
Name / Initiated name
Jasmine/jazzy
Daily number of rounds of Hare Krishna mahamantra.
13
When, where and how did you come into contact with the Hare Krishna Movement?
Hare Krishna, I wanted to share a little about my journey and how I came to know about Krishna consciousness. Around 2024 or 2025, I started hearing a lot about Hare Krishna satsang. I had quite a few friends who were devotees of Krishna, and they would often tell me about Krishna, chanting, satsang, and their experiences. As someone who grew up with both Hindu and Buddhist influences, I became really curious because I had never really heard about Krishna consciousness before. I thought to myself, “I’ve never experienced this before, so why not give it a try?” I started attending functions and gatherings, chanting the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, and meeting many wonderful people. I became really interested and made a lot of friends there, including devotees and prabhus. Unfortunately, my Buddhist mother found out that I was going to ISKCON. She follows Buddhism and believes in Buddha, so she didn't really understand or support my interest in Krishna. My dad was supportive, but eventually I was not allowed to go to ISKCON, attend gatherings, or meet my devotee friends anymore. It honestly made me really sad because I had become attached to the community and the people I met there. After about a year, my mom became a little more accepting and said I could continue learning about it, and I stayed in contact with some of my friends and prabhus. However, I still wasn't allowed to go to ISKCON. When I asked my friends about the temple, they told me it had closed because of some problems, which made me even more disappointed. Recently, I heard that there was an ISKCON community in Fahaheel, but at the time I wasn't allowed to travel outside my city, so I couldn't go. Then I recently found you guys through Google, and I thought, “Okay, let's finally do it.” I'm honestly a little nervous, especially because it's been a long time since I've been involved in the community, but I'm also really happy and excited to reconnect and learn more. I just wanted to share my story and say that I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting everyone and being part of the community again
Name the nearest or most frequently Visited ISKCON temple/ centre and name few of the devotees whom you know.
Dhoom auditorium jinish nadakrishor mahalaxmi
Please describe yourself so that other like minded devotees can find you.
I’m a very friendly and talkative person, and I’d say I’m a mix of an introvert and an extrovert. I really enjoy chanting, kirtan, dancing, serving prasadam, learning more about Krishna consciousness, and most importantly making good friends. I love connecting with people who are kind, mature, friendly, and open-minded. I’m always happy to meet new people, learn from others, and share good experiences together
What are your expectations from this community?
I hope to become more connected with the devotee community and meet people who share similar spiritual interests and values. I’d like to deepen my understanding of Krishna consciousness, learn more about bhakti, chanting, kirtan, and seva, and have the opportunity to participate in satsang and other activities. I’m also hoping to build genuine friendships with kind, respectful, and mature devotees, while learning from everyone’s experiences and growing spiritually along the way
Describe any specific service you would love to offer to Lord Krishna & His devotees?
I would especially like to serve by helping with prasadam, serving food, arranging flowers, and assisting with the general activities and arrangements during gatherings. I enjoy helping wherever I’m needed, and I’d also be happy to learn and take on other forms of seva. I hope to serve sincerely and contribute in whatever way I can to the Lord and the devotee community
Comments
I need to have a word privately,Could you please get back to me on ( mrs.ericaw1@gmail.com)Thanks.