क्वचितच इच्छा का होते, तुझ्या दर्शनाची,प्रपंचात अडकलो आहे...आहे बंधलो वासनांशी!ह्या पापी माणसाची मागणी विठ्ठला, एकच तुझ्या पाशी,नेऊन मला पाड विठ्ठला...तुझ्या पुण्य-पायांशी!तुकाची अमृत-वाणीला, नेहमी दुर्लक्ष केले मी,नामः-स्मरण तुझे अरे विठ्ठला, का विसरतो मी?!माया-विषकन्याच्या गोड सहवासात धुंद राहतो मी,नेऊन मला पाड विठ्ठला...तुझ्या पुण्य-पायांशी!आषाढ महिन्यात निघती, पंढरी सर्व वारकरी,त्यांच्या टाळ-मृदंगाने कान माझे भरी.तरी ही जाण्याची इच्छा होत नाही मला कशी?नेऊन मला पाड विठ्ठला...तुझ्या पुण्य-पायांशी!विश्वास आहे की भविष्यात, मान राखशील ह्या अभाग्याचा,डोळे मजं बंद होण्या आधी, देशील आनंद दर्शनाचात्या दिवशी तू नेशील मला, नेशील तुझ्या पाशी...अश्रु वाहात पडेन मी विठ्ठला...तुझ्या पुण्य-पायांशी!Why thus seldom my desire, to see Thee with my eyes,Enslaved am I by this material world, by lusty desire-filled ties.Only one request of Thee, I the sinner, entreat…O take me away and cast me, Vitthala…at Thy holy, auspicious Feet!Those nectarine words of Tukaram, neglected truly, have I,To chant Thy Holy Name I remain, ever forgetful…oh why?!Intoxicated am I by that Maya, Her company enticingly sweet,O take me away and cast me, Vitthala…at Thy holy, auspicious Feet!In the month of Ashadh*, the Pilgrims, I espie,Their kartals-mridangas fill my ears, but nay! Not inspired am I,To join their glorious journey, to Pandharpur, Thy Divine Seat,O take me away and cast me, Vitthala…at Thy holy, auspicious Feet!I have faith that one day, my prayer will be honoured by Thee.Before these eyes close forever, a chance to behold Thee!On that day I shall be taken away, Thy loving Self I shall meet…With tears flowing, I shall fall Vitthala… at Thy holy, auspicious Feet!* In the month of Ashadh (by the Hindu Calendar), many Pilgrims journey to Pandharpur, the town where Sri Vitthal-Rakumai reside, to offer obeisance to the Deities on Ashadhi-Ekadashi

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji

PAMHO
    AGTSP

Really very nice prayer prabhuji... very inspiring.. HARIBOL!!

Your Servant,
    karthik
  • Hare Krishna...PAMHO....AGTSP....

Prabhuji,

Very nice prayer.

Haribol!
  • Hare Krishna...PAMHO....AGTSP....
    Hari Bol...Prabhuji u have made a nice prayer...
    It is really very inspiring prayer...
    Lord Vitthala and Mother Rakhumai both r very eagerly waiting for their devotees....
    They are very merciful...thats why we can put our head directly on Their Lotus Feet...
    What a devotee can want more than this...
    Hari Bol...Radhe Radhe...
    Sri Vitthal-Rukmini KI Jay...
    Sri Sri Radha Pandharinath Ki Jay...
This reply was deleted.