How to overcome lust and attain peace?

Dandavat Pranaam.

I came to know of the Krishna Consciousness Movement through my mother who got initiated under Sree Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj of Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math in 1997. My family - my mother, me and my sister moved to Gujarat, India in 2008. Since then, we have been visiting ISKCON temple, Ahmedabad for darshan and worship. We went through a lot a financial difficulties from 2008 to 2012 and my mother suffers from schizophrenia.

My main problem is that like my mother I also suffer from a mental condition known as bipolar disorder, I take my medication as prescribed but I am unable to find peace.I am an engineer now, working in the oil & gas industry. I am 27 years of age. I do not have a spiritual master. I read the Bhagavad Gita almost daily, chant Hare Krishna maha-mantra, and visit ISKCON temple.

It is my deepest desire to have no sexual attraction towards women. I try to focus my mind and keep it from wavering, but I am unable to restrain myself from wandering towards sexual thoughts. I want to cleanse my mind of sexual thoughts and become completely free of attraction towards any woman.

What is the best method to cleanse the mind and remove lust?

Please help.

Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna. Thanks for the reply Tarun.

• hare krsna...p.a.m.h.o......
    prabhu ji... i feel its normal for a man to have attraction for a women but sometimes i wonder how prabhu ji in iskcon control there feelings...??in bagwat geeta arjuna said to krishna that he feel that controlling a mind is more difficult thn controlling a wind...
    so i thought how did they do that....
    prabhu ji trust me its not easy as its sounds.....but its not impossible....thru my personal experiences i can tell you once you know that krishna doesn't like these things at all thn you will feel less lust for anything or anyone....he want you to be his only property understand that...i am just a small servent of krishna i dont have all this big knowledge but yeah i know that once we know our real position thn it wil nt be as difficult it sounds....

your servent
    tarun punjabi
    • Hare Krishna. What you are saying is correct: It is not easy, but it isn't impossible to vanquish lust. Dandavat Pranaam..

Humbly yours,

Partha

This reply was deleted.