By Shyama Sakhi Dasi and Shyama Gopi Dasi
Globally, as of today, there have been 104,370,550 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 2,271,180 deaths, reported to the World Health Organization. Many lives have been upended, disrupted and impacted in unprecedented ways as a result of the pandemic. Monumental efforts are undertaken to counteract the tightening grip of this novel coronavirus, an entity not even visible to the naked eye.
Vaccines to prevent the COVID-19 are perhaps the best hope for ending the pandemic. But as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) begins authorizing emergency use of COVID-19 vaccines, devotees likely have questions/concerns, or some confusion. With a lot of information floating on the internet and social media, it becomes difficult to know which sources of information they can trust.
The ISKCON GBC Strategic Planning Team (SPT) brings a panel of experts together for an interactive interview and discussion to address devotees’ concerns or questions and help them make informed choices.
The broad topics that will be covered in this series are:
- Is COVID-19 real?
- How do the vaccines work?
- Are the vaccines safe and effective?
- Are there sinister motives behind the vaccination?
- Can the vaccine change our DNA and cause a genetic disorder?
- Does the vaccine contain immoral components from fetuses/human cells?
- Did the rapidly changing virus render the vaccines ineffective and obsolete?
- As devotees, are they to depend on medical science, or Krishna?
The medical professional devotee panelists Dr. Madhavananda Das and Dr. Shyama Gopi Dasi will be interviewed by Vraja Vihari Das.
Time: February 12, 8:30 AM EST, 7 PM IST
Location: live on GBC SPT Facebook/Youtube channels (https://www.facebook.com/events/748411418980492/)
Read more: https://iskconnews.org/what-devotees-need-to-know-about-the-covid-19-vaccinations,7683/