SRIMAN NARAYANA, SRI LAKSHMI AMMA (DAYA DEVI) AND THE HOLIEST OF HOLY WORKS OF THE REVERENTIAL AZHWARS ( MYSTIC SAINTS ) OF THE SOUTH OF INDIA. ( Part 18 / 21)
Sri Tiruppan Azhwar Part 18 of 21
Our dearest of dear Tiruppan azhwar , one of the top most SUPREME devotee of our lord Sriman Naryana , because of caste distinctions prevailing during his times ,was not allowed to enter the divine temple of Srirangam to seek the blessings of Sri Ranganatha, of whom he was the most devout devotee and therefore he always used to sit in a corner most place near the holiest river of Cauveri and kept mentally conjuring of the magnificent image of our lord Sri Ranganatha and kept non stop meditating on his divine physical and mental attributes.
Our most beloved Sri Tiruppan azhwar's love for lord Sri Ranganath of Srirangam can be compared with a person who very desperately wants his most coveted desire fulfilled but no one is able to satisfy his intense desire and hence he keeps ceaselessly inwardly thinking every moment of his life of his desire till such time his want is materialized, so also our dearest of dear azhwar who in every of his waking moment thinks of our dearest of dear Sriranganatha but is unable to enter the sancturm sanctorum to personally seek his blessings because he was forbidden to enter due to caste constraints and his deepest of deep aspiration and hope is one day he will come face to face with our lord Sri Govinda and hence he with full prapati visualizes, imagines and weaves a beautiful picture of our lord Sri Krishna and keeps wondering whether his divine image of our lord is similar or is it much more beautiful?. OUR DEAREST TIRUPPAN AZHWAR BEGS OF OUR LORD SRIRANGA/SRI GOVINDA/SRI RAAMA/SRI KRISHNA THAT IF ONCE DURING HIS LIFETIME HE ACCORDS OUR AZHWAR HIS DIVINE DARSHAN THEN FOREVER HIS MIND WILL BE SATIATED.
Our SriTiruppan azhwar's most distinctive divine verses that can make a sturdy rock weep :
- Imagine a dear most bhakta is not allowed to enter our temple at holy Srirangam to seek darshan of our lord Sri Krishna despite his highest desire. WHAT A PATHETIC SITUATION?. Surely, each one of us in today's world should thank our dearest Sriman Narayana a countless times that any of his creation today, from any part of the entire globe can visit him any number of times, as per his desire and seek our lords blessings. But knowing our worldly attachment despite the saulabhyam (closest proxmitiy of our lord) we are not willing to reach him and would go to any extent like our Sri Tiruppan azhwar but with a gulf of difference that we will run towards material gratification and yet perpetually be dissatisfied and discontented whereas our dearest Sri Tiruppan azhwar always wanted JUST ONE DARSHAN OF OUR LORD SRI GOVINDA. NO WORDS CAN EVER DESCRIBE THE HEIGHT OF HIS TRANSCENDENTAL LOVE FOR OUR LORD SRI GOVINDA, SUPREME MOST TO THE CORE.
- Whilst he was meditating on the banks of our holy Cauveri river at Srirangam , the head temple priest , in his hurry to fetch the holy waters touched him by mistake. In response to this, the unsympathetic priest throws a huge stone over him thereby hurting our dearest Sri Tiruppan azhwar. Our most loving Sri Tiruppan azhwar is least bothered of the blood oozing of his body but keeps lamenting that he by mistake touched the priest and now the priest has to go for bath once again and begs of the head priests pardon but the haughty orthodox priest instead keeps yelling and abusing him. Whilst the priest enters the temple, the sanctum sanctorum is locked from inside, the priest imagines that it is because he accidentally touched Sri Tiruppan azhwar our lord Sri Krishna is angry and has locked himself but the unenlightened and unforgiving in compassionate person that he is he does not realize that our lord Sri Krishna is very angry with him for wounding his most loving devotee and when the doors of the sanctum sanctorum opens our most beloved Lord SriRanga is bleeding , he commands the head priest to immediately go and carry our dearest SriTiruppan azhwar on his shoulders and bring him to his sanctum sanctorum.
ONE MOST IMPORTANT OBSERVATION WISH TO CONVEY THAT OUR DEAREST LORD SRI RANGA IS THE MOST COMPASSIONATE SUPREME PERSONALITY , HE DOES NOT KNOW TO GET ANGRY BUT WHEN CONSTANTLY PROVOKED THEN HIS ANGER KNOWS NO END , VERY AGAINST HIS OWN GRAIN OF DIVINE NATURE. WE HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL IN ALL OUR LOVE FOR OUR LORD SRIRANGA AND NEVER BE THE CAUSE OF HIS ANGER FOR ONCE HIS WRATH IS LET LOOSE THEN NONE IN ALL THE WORLDS CAN SAVE US. PERMANENT END FOR US.
- The head priest runs to carry our dearest Sri Tiruppan azhwar on to his shoulders and brings him right unto the divine most beautiful lotus feet of our lord Sri Ranga , on seeing the MOST DIVYA MANAGALA VIGRAHA SWAROOPA OF OUR MIGHTIEST OF MIGHTY, HIS EYES BRIM WITH CONTINUOUS TEARS AND AT THAT MOMENT HE COMPOSES ALL HIS DIVINE VERSES ABOUT OUR LORD SRI GOVINDA.
The highest difference of our SriTiruppan azhwars rendition of his divine verses, unlike all other azhwars is he neither assumes a role of a father nor an anxious nayaki or any other , he bursts with his outpourings of the most enchanting physical form of our lord Sri Ranganathar, Just as in this mortal world , with all of us , the moment we see a very beautiful person it becomes a thing of joy forever for us and the first thing that strikes us is physical beauty then only can we dwell over the mental brilliance of a person.
In the case of our most loving SriTiruppan azhwar too he very adoringly first lovingly looks at the divine most lotus feet of our lord Sri Ranga and sing continuous praises about his divine lotus feet and proclaims with the greatest pride after having witnessed his most loving lotus feet his eyes will never ever look at anything else. PLEASE IMAGINE THIS , IT IS LIKE A SON WHO GETS SEPARATED FROM HIS MOTHER AT HIS BIRTH ITSELF AND ONE FINE DAY HE MANAGES TO UNITE WITH HER. WHAT WOULD THAT FEELING BE? CAN ANYONE OF US WITH WHATEVER ELOQUENCE WE POSSESS DESCRIBE HIS TRUE FEELINGS?
ONLY HE CAN SELF EXPERIENCE HIS UNION WITH HIS MOTHER SO ALSO OUR DEAREST OF DEAR SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR ON SEEING HIS MOTHER OUR LORD SRI RANGA BECAME MAD WITH HAPPINESS, HE KEPT ON SINGING HIS PRAISES WITHOUT HIMSELF KNOWING THE SUBJECT MATTER OF HIS OWN RECITATION, SUCH IS THE PUREST OF PURE LOVE OF OUR DEAREST SRITIRUPPAN AZHWAR AND TO THAT EXTENT OF ALL THE AZHWARS WORKS MY MIND GOES OUT TO SRITIRUPPAN AZHWAR IN A VERY EXCLUSIVE MANNER THAT HE WHO WAITED FOR THIS JOYOUS MOMENT OF DIVINE UNION WITH OUR LORD SRI RANGA WITH SO MUCH PATIENCE HIS DIVINE CONDITION ON THE FULFILLMENT OF HIS DESIRE MAKES ME FEEL SO HAPPY THAT THIS MOMENT ITSELF WITH THE HUMBLEST OF HUMBLE MANNER BEG OF OUR LORD SRI KRISHNA TO EVER LOVINGLY GRAPPLE OUR DEAREST SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR PERMANENTLY INTO HIS LOTUS HEART FOR HE IS THE FLAWLESS ONE WHO FACED SO MANY HUMILIATIONS FOR THIS HOLIEST MOMENT. MAY EACH ONE OF US SHED TEARS OF JOY , OF THE HIGHEST BLISS THAT NOW OUR DEAREST SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR IS HAPPY FOR HE TRULY DESERVES THE ECSTASY OF THE ENTIRE COSMOS FOR HE WANTS ONLY WHAT OUR LORD WANTS , NOTHING DIFFERENT AT ALL .
- Our dearest Sri Tiurppan azhwar goes one step above our lord Sri Krishna's lotus feet , to his navel from where our lord Brahma arose, then he very lovingly gazes at our lords vastram (divine yellow /red/ green and many other divine attire), then his most lovely powerful arms, his mark on his divine forehead and finally his eyes sets his glance over the most compassionate divine lotus eye of our lord Sri Ranganatha. Each of the divine physical embodiment of our lord Sri Krishna our azhwar sings with glory and with utmost love and totally in a trance of not being at all mentally present in this mortal world. His divine incessant outpourings goes on ceaselessly, THE TIMELESS TIME HAS STOOD STILL FOR HIM.
After having praised in superlative of our lord's most majestic and incomparable beauty, unmatched in all the worlds, he now sings on his unsurpassed compassion, his unequaled love, unparalleled truth, matchless supreme most love which he nurtures for every of his creation and our azhwar keeps on thanking him for the highest gift of his life when he got to see him and seek his divine most blessings and that TOO being carried by the head temple priest LIKE A ROYAL KING, under our lords Sri Ranga's COMMAND and also keeps mentioning his mental image of our creator is manifold times much SUPERLATIVE than his imagination which he is witnessing and self experiencing now.
YES, MY DEAREST SPIRITUAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS OUR LORD SRI RANGA ALWAYS MAKES EACH ONE OF HIS LOVING DEVOTEES FEEL LIKE THE RICHEST KING/PRINCE/QUEEN/ PRINCESSES AND WITH ALL THE TRUTH AND CONVICTION HAVE SELF EXPERIENCED THE DIVINE MOST FEELING WHICH OUR BELOVED SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR FELT ABOUT OUR LORD SRI RANGA.
NEVER ANYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE COSMOS CAN ONE LOVE US AS MUCH AS OUR LORD SRI KRISHNA , HIS LOVE IS UNMATCHED, UNCONDITIONAL AND SUPER TRANSCENDENTAL. EVERY TIME, I VISIT OUR SRIRANGAM TEMPLE, I DO GET THIS FINEST OF FINE FEELING THAT OUR DEAR LORD SRI RANGA IS WAITING VERY ANXIOUSLY FOR ME A TOTAL NON ENTITY, AN INVISIBLE SPECKLE AT HIS DIVINE MOST LOTUS FEET AND THE PLEA I MAKE TO HIM CAN I GET ONE MINUTE MORE WHILE SEEKING HIS DIVINE DARSHAN AND INVARIABLY TILL DATE SOMEHOW MY TIME TO GENTLY GAZE AT HIM EXCEEDS A BIT FOR HE HAS ORDAINED IT
WHEN I LEAVE THE HOLIEST OF HOLY LORD SRI RANGA AT SRIRANGAM (ARCHA FORM AND NOT THE ANTARYAAMI FOR HE HAS FOREVER AND EVER BEEN CAPTURED IN MY HEART AND WILL NEVER EVER LEAVE ME) I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES WONDERING WHEN WILL I GET THE NEXT DARSHAN, OUR DEAREST LORD SRI RANGA IS THE ONE AND ONLY ONE OUR DEAREST LORD SRI KRISHNA AT SRIPARMAPADAM,
THIS IS VOUCHED BY ALL OUR SRIVAISHNAVITE ACHARYANS, MAHATMAS, OUR MOST EXALTED ADORING AZHWARS AND NONE OTHER THAN OUR MOST BELOVED LAKSHMI AMMA TOO. DO WE NEED ANY MORE CLARIFICATIONS FOR THERE IS NONE LEFT IN ALL THE WORLDS FURTHER TO ADD ONE MORE WORD ON THE FINAL TRUTH OF THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE THAT ALL OUR LOVING ARCHA ( DIVYA MANGALA VIGRAHA SWAROOPA OF OUR LORD SRI KRISHNA) IS ONE OF THE FIVE MANIFESTATIONS OF HIMSELF.
- Our dearest Sri Tiruppan azhwar after completing his divine verses, amongst the most devout srivaishnavite devotees, directly merges with our most beloved Lord SriRanga just like our dearest of dear andal amma. DITTO!. WHAT A DEVOTEE ASKS FOR , FROM OUR DEAREST LORD SRI KRISHNA HE PRECISELY GETS THAT ONLY , SO WE NEED TO BE VERY CAUTIOUS BEFORE ASKING FROM HIM ANYTHING MATERIAL FOR THEN IN THAT CASE SURELY THE FLEETING JOY WILL PERMANENTLY ENSURE US A PLACE IN THIS MORTAL WORLD . IN THIS OCEAN OF MUNDANE EXISTENCE WE WILL KEEP APPEARING AND GET CAUGHT AGAIN AND AGAIN IN THE CRUELEST OF CRUEL LIFE AND DEATH. WE HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL, SEEK WITH THE HEIGHT OF HUMILITY FROM OUR LORD SRI KRISHNA OF A PERMANENT PLACE AT HIS MOST BEAUTIFUL DIVINE PINK LOTUS FEET AND AM VERY VERY POSITIVE HE WILL SAY THATASTHU (GRANTED).
MAY WE FALL REVERENTIALLY FALL, AT THE HOLIEST OF HOLY FEET OF OUR MOST COMPASSIONATE SRITIRUPPAN AZHWAR TO GUIDE US TOWARDS OUR LORD SRI RANGA, HE SURELY CAN AND HE CERTAINLY WILL , BECAUSE WITHIN A BLINKING OF AN EYELID, AFTER HIS DIVINE DARSHAN OF OUR LORD SRI RANGA, OUR LORD SRI RANGA LOVINGLY MERGED OUR DEAREST SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR IN A DIVINE UNION UNTO HIMSELF .
HAIL HAIL COUNTLESS SALUTATIONS TO OUR BELOVED SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR WHO NEVER PREACHED A WORD TO ANYONE ABOUT BIRTH, THE VICIOUS CYCLES OF THE MORTAL WORLD, EVEN PRAPATI , ONLY HE SANG TO HIS HEART'S CONTENT ABOUT OUR LORD SRI RANGA AND HIS MOST BEAUTIFUL PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES AND SUPERLATIVE MENTAL QUALITIES.
HIS ONE POINT CONCENTRATION ON OUR LORD SRI RANGA IS WORTH EMULATING COUNTLESS TIMES. MAY OUR BELOVED SRI TIRUPPAN AZHWAR FIND THE HIGHEST BLISS IN THE DIVINE TRANSCENDENTAL UNION WITH OUR LORD SRI RANGANATHAR.
SRIMAN NARAYANAM CHARANAM SHARANAM PRABHADYE, SRIMAN NARYANAYA NAMAHA.
OM TAT SAT.
HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHA HARE HARE HARE RAAMA HARE RAAMA RAAMA RAAMA HARE HARE............