Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada
|An Appeal About Us Donate Contact Us|
SRI SRI RADHIKA ASTOTTARA SATA NAMA STOTRAM
Raghunatha Dasa Goswami
aviksatmesvari kascid vrndavana-mahesvarim
tat padamboja-maka gati dasyati katara
patita tat-saras tire ruda tyartha-ravakulam
tac chri-vaktreksanavaptyai namanyetani sanjagau
Some maidservant, unable to find her mistress, has
fallen on the bank of Radhakunda, crying in great
anxiety, being very eager to take exclusive
Her lotus feet, glorifying Her by singing the
following names of Her:
radha gandharvika gosthayuva-rajaika-kamita
gandharva radhika candrakantir madhava-sangini
1. Radha, 2. Gandharvika, she who is expert in
and dancing, 3. The only girl desired by the
Vraja, 4. Who is worshipped by the
5. Whose luster is like the moon, 6. Who
mukunda dayita-vrnda dhammilla mani-manjari
7. Damodar's unrivalled queen, 8. who bestows fame
the Kartika month, 9. The crest jewel of Mukunda's
bhaskaropasika varsabhanavi vrsabhanuja
ananga manjari jyestha sridama varajottama
10. Who worships the sun, 11. Who belongs to King
Vrsabhanu, 12. Who is born from King Vrsabhanu,
Ananga Manjari's older sister, 14. Sridama's
sister, 15. The greatest (fem.)
visakha-savayah prestha visakha jivitadhika
16. Kirtida's daughter, 17. Who is the nectarean
object of Her mother's affection, 18. Who is of
same age as Visakha, 19. Who is dearer than life
pranadvitiya lalita vrndavana viharini
lalita prana-laksaika-raksa vrndavanesvari
20. Who is none other than Lalita's very life, 21.
Enjoys in Vrndavana, 22. Who saves Lalita's life
of times, 23. Queen of Vrndavana.
vraja go-gopa-gopali jiva-matraika-jivanam
24. Who is as dear to Mother Yashoda as Krsna, 25.
is the only life of the life of the cows,
and cowherdgirls of Vraja.
govinda pranayadhara surabhi sevanotsuka
26. Who is the object of King Nanda's affection,
Who gets parental affection from Balaram, 28. Who
the object of Govinda's love (Govinda is eager to
serve His surabhi cows).
dhrta nandisvara-ksema gamanotkanthi-manasa
sva-dehadvaitata drsta dhanistha dhyeya-darsana
29. Who is very eager to go to Nandisvara for
Krsna, 30. Who is regarded as non-different from
by Dhanistha and seen in her meditations,
is Yasoda's maidservant).
gopendra-mahisi paka-sala-vedi prakasika
ayur-varddha-karaddhana rohini gTRa-mastaka
31. Who is seen in Mother Yasoda's kitchen, 32.
cooked grains increase Krsna's life, 33. Whose
smelt by Rohini.
subala nyasta sarupya subala priti-tosita
mukhara-drk sudha-naptri jatila drsti-bhasita
34. Who has bestowed a form equal to Hers to
35. Who is very fond of Subala, 36. Who is nectar
Mukhara's eyes, 37. Who is afraid to see Her
paurnamasi bahih khelat prana-panjara sarika
38. Who smiles
like the moonbeams after hearing
Madhumangala's jokes, 39. The she-parrot of Whose
heart is caught in Paurnamasi's cage.
sva ganadvaita jivatuh sviyahankara-vardhini
sva ganopendra padabja sparsa-lambhana harsini
40. Who is the only life of her friends, 41. Who
increases the pride of Her relatives, 42. Who is
happy to touch Upendra's feet with Her friends.
sviya vrndavanodyana paliki krta-vrndaka
jnata vrndatavi sarva lata-taru-mrga-dvija
43. Who has placed Vrnda in charge of Vrndavana's
gardens, 44. Who is known by all the vines, trees,
deer and birds of Vrndavana.
isac candana samghrsta nava-kasmira-deha-bhah
java-puspa pritha-hari patta cinarunambara
45. Whose body
shines with fresh vermillion ground
with some sandalpaste, 46. Whose silken dress
more reddish than the java flower.
hari citta camatkari caru nupura nihsvana
47. Whose lotus footsoles make the surface of the
earth shine crimson-red, 48. Who astonishes Hari's
mind with the sweet sound of Her anklebells.
krsna-sranti-hara sroni pitha-valgita ghantika
krsna sarvasva pinodyat kucancan mani-malika
49. The nice sounds of whose waistbells remove
fatigue, 50. The pearl necklace on whose firm,
breasts is everything to Krsna.
nana-ratnollasad sankha-cuda caru bhuja-dvaya
syamantaka-mani bhrajan mani-bandhati-bandhura
51. Whose two beautiful arms are adorned with
conchshell bangles inset with various jewels, 52.
Whose wrist the beautiful Syamantaka jewel shines.
suvarna darpana- ullanghi mukha-mandala
pakka dadima bijabha dantakrstaghabhic chuka
53. The shining of Whose face defeats that of a
mirror, 54. Whose teeth, that shine like ripe
pomegranate seeds, attract the parrot-like
saubhagya kajjalankakta netranandita khanjana
55. Whose ruby earrings are shaped like lotus
56. Whose wagtail-like eyes are anointed with
beautiful eyeliner, giving great joy to the eyes.
suvrtta mauktikamukta nasika tilapuspika
sucaru nava-kasturi tilakancita-bhalaka
57. Whose nose, that is beautiful as a sesame
is adorned with a round pearl, 58. Whose forehead
adorned with beautiful tilak made of fresh musk.
divya veni vinirdhuta keki-pincha-vara-stutih
netranta-sara vidhvamsakrta canurajid dhrtih
59. Whose divine hairbraid is worshiped by peacock
feathers (being defeated in beauty), 60. The
Whose glances destroy the patience of Krsna, Who
defeated the Canura wrestler.
sphurat kaisora-tarunya sandhi-bandhura-vigraha
madhavollasakonmatta pikoru madhura-svara
61. Who is blooming teenage beauty personified,
Who pleases Madhava, 63. Who maddens Madhava with
sweet, cuckoo-like voice.
pranayuta-sata prestha madhavotkirti-lampata
64. Who is more attached to Madhava's great
than to millions of lives, 65. Whose nectars
bubbles on the waves of Krsna's glances.
punjibhuta jagallajja vaidagdhi-digdha-vigraha
karuna vidravad deha murtiman madhuri-ghata
66. Who is the very form of cleverness,
the whole world, 67. Whose body melts in kindness,
Who is abundant sweetness personified.
jagad-gunavati-varga giyamana gunoccaya
sacyadi subhaga-vrnda vandyamaTR-saubhaga
69. Whose glories are loudly sung by all the great
ladies of the world, 70. Who is incessantly
beautiful ladies like Saci.
vina-vadana sangita rasalasya visarada
narada pramukhodgita jagad anandi sad-yasah
71. Who is expert in singing and playing vina in
rasa dance, 72. Whose pure glories are sung by
headed by Narada, giving joy to the world.
govardhana-guha geha grhini kunja-mandana
candamsu-nandini baddha bhagini-bhava-vibhrama
73. She is the housewife in the caves in
74. She decorates the kunja, 75. She has a
relationship with Yamuna (Yamuna is the daughter
the sun and Radha is the daughter of Vrsabhanu,
sun in Taurus).
divya kundalata narma sakhya-dama-vibhusita
76. She is adorned with the wreath of divine
Kundalata's friendship, 77. She is the professor
amorous rapture, giving joy to the holder of
girindra-dhara vaksah srih sankhacudari-jivanam
78. She is Lakshmi on the chest of the holder of
Govardhan, 79. She is the life of the enemy of
Sankhacuda, 80. She is the settlement of Cupid for
love of the son of Gokulendra.
vrsa-vidhvamsa nti sva-nirmita sarovara
nija kunda-jala-krida jita sankarsananuja
81. Who made Her own pond after the killer of
mocked Her, 82. Who defeats Sankarsana's younger
brother in sports in Her own pond.
mura-mardana mattebha vihara-mrta-dirghika
girindra-dhara-parindra rati-yuddhoru simhika
83. She is the ambrosial pond of enjoyment for the
intoxicated elephant who defeated Mura, 84. She is
powerful lioness fighting amorous sports with the
of lions, the holder of the best of mountains.
sva tanu-saurabhonmatti krta mohana madhava
dor-muloccalana krida vyakuli-krta kesava
85. Who enchants Madhava with Her intoxicating
fragrance, 86. Who agitates Kesava by playfully
showing Her armpit.
nija kunda-tati kunja klrpta keli kalodyama
divya malli-kulollasi sayyakalpita vigraha
87. Who expands Her artful plays in the kunja on
bank of Her own pond, 88. Who makes a bed of
jasmine flowers there with joy.
krsna vama-bhuja nyasta caru daksina gandaka
savya bahu-lata baddha krsna daksina sad-bhuja
89. Who places Her beautiful right cheek on
left arm, 90. Who holds Krsna's right arm with Her
left vine-like arm.
krsna daksina caruru slista vamoru-rambhika
girindra-dhara drg-vaksor mardi-sustana-parvata
91. Whose beautiful, broad, banana-like left hip
touches Krsna's right hip, 92. Whose nice,
mountain-like breasts are being massaged by the
govindadhara piyusa vasitadhara-pallava
sudha-sancaya carukti sitali-krta madhava
93. Whose leaf-like lips are scented by the nectar
Govinda's lips, 94. Whose beautiful words
nectar, cooling Madhava off.
govindodgirna tambula raga rajyat kapolika
krsna sambhoga saphali-krta manmatha sambhava
95. Whose cheeks are colored by the pan from
lips, 96. Who realizes Krsna's fancies of amorous
visakha vijita krida-santi nidralu-vigraha
97. The profuse perspiration from whose face is
off by Govinda, 98. Who is being fanned by Visakha
when She falls asleep after playing with Krsna.
govinda-carana-nyasta kaya-manasa jivana
svapranarbuda nirmanchya hari pada-rajah kana
99. Who has placed Her life, body and mind at
Govinda's lotus feet, 100. Who worships the dust
Hari's lotus feet with billions of hearts.
anumatracyutadarsa sayyamanatma locana
nitya-nutana govinda vaktra-subhramsu-darsana
101. Who curses Her eyes for every second that
not see Acyuta, 102. Who beholds Govinda's
nihsima hari-madhurya saundaryadyeka-bhogini
sapatnya dhama murali-matra bhagya kataksini
103. Who is the only enjoyer of Hari's endless
sweetness and beauty, 104. Who can only blink at
fortune of Her co-wife, the Murali (flute).
gadha buddhi-bala krida jita vamsi-vikarsini
narmokti candrikotphulla krsna kamabdi-vardhini
105. Who takes Krsna's flute after defeating Him
gambling match, 106. Who increases the ocean of
Krsna's desires by the
full moonbeams of Her joking
krsna sarvendriyonmadi radhetyaksara-yugmaka
107. Who is the moonlike resting place for all the
senses of the moon of Vraja (Sri Krsna), 108. The
syllables of Whose name Ra-dha madden all of
idam sri radhika namnam astottara satojjvalam
sri radhalambhakam nama stotram caru-rasayanam
yo dhite parama pritya dinah katara-manasah
sa natham acirenaiva sa natham iksate dhruvam
Whoever recites these 108 names of Sri Radha, that
consists of all beautiful, nectarean Radha-nama,
great love, humility and eagerness, will certainly
swiftly behold her Mistress.
iti srimad raghunatha dasa gosvami viracita
sri radhika-stottara-sata nama stotram sampurnam.
Thus ends Srimad Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami's Sri
Radhika's 108 names-prayer.