Srila Prabodhananda Sarasvati'sSri Radha-rasa-sudha-nidhi
(The Nectar Moon of Sri Radha's Sweetness)
1. The four goals of life, which begin with material piety, may be glorious to some people, but I think they are useless. Why should I waste my time talking about them? Other people may place on their heads the path of devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I am still not interested. The only thing that pleases my heart is the nectar that is service to a wonderful jewel like girl who stays deep in Vrndavana forest. Nothing else pleases my heart.
2. I serve Radha, who is the heart of the sweetest and most splendid love, who is the highest limit of skill in transcendental amorous pastimes, who is the goddess worshipped by the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, who is the supreme goddess, who appears as Durga and Saci, whose form is full of bliss, who is the Lord's first potency, who is supremely independent, and who is the first consort of Vrndavana's master.
3. Persons who avoid service to Radha, but yearn to attain Lord Krsna's company, are like persons seeking moonlight without the moon. Persons who do not understand that Radha is the spring from which the nectar waves of love for Krsna flow can attain only one single drop, and no more, of the great ocean of nectar.
4. I offer my respectful obeisances to the great souls who, renouncing all fruitive work, not attached even to devotional service to the Supreme Lord, and living the most wonderful and sweet life, always meditate on Sri Radha, who is filled with the joy of pure love and glorious with the splendour of the wonderful sweetness of youth.
5. Who are these fools who, because of their spiritual master's order, do not mark their shoulders with the conch, cakra, and other symbols, do not draw a temple of Lord Hari on their foreheads, and do not wear splendid tulasi necklaces around their necks?
6. The devotees may perform Vedic rituals or not perform them. The devotees who taste the wonderful secret nectar of devotional service may accept flower garlands and other things pleasing to the senses, or they may reject them. What foolish non-devotees, who wander aimlessly in this world, have the right to question the actions of Sri Radha's dear devotees, whose hearts have travelled to the farther shore of pure love?
7. Why talk of material things? Why fear millions of hells? I do not fear impersonal liberation. Why should I become mad, like Sukadeva Gosvami and a host of others, after worshipping the Supreme Lord? I would rather that my mind plunges into the nectar at Sri Radha's feet.
8. I cannot forget Sri Radha's beauty, the splendour of Her new youth, Her wonderful and sweet waterpot breasts, the sweetness of Her bimba-fruit lips, Her smile, Her words or Her playful motions.
9. O Sri Radha, O beautiful girl of the forest groves, when will You place Your glance of mercy on me? I yearn to attain the wonderful nectar of eternal service to You, service that the young girls of Vraja, who celebrate a festival of love that fills Laksmi, Sukadeva, Narada and all the demigods, saints and sages with wonder, attained by Your mercy.
10. When, by Radha's mercy, will I become Her maidservant? When will I massage Her beautiful lotus feet as She sleeps? When, again and again tasting the nectar of the very sweet remnants of Her meal, will I become plunged into the ever-new ecstasy of transcendental bliss?