Dear Vaishnavas and Vaishnavis,
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
The ISKCON Leadership Sanga 2020 is almost here – only two months to away! Have you enrolled yet? Don’t worry there is still time to register for this wonderful event.
Help Guide ISKCON into the Future is the theme of ISKCON Leadership Sanga 2020 (ILS 2020).
ILS 2020 promises to be the largest gathering of ISKCON leaders to date. Five hundred devotees attended ILS in 2012 and the numbers have been steadily increasing. This will be our 5th ILS gathering, and we are anticipating 1,500 leading devotees from all over the world.
The following topics will be discussed and examined at ILS 2020, so come and be a part of this discussion!
- What are the foundational principles which should form the bedrock of our institution?
- How will we govern, protect and guide our Society as it continues to grow?
- How can we meld traditional values and sacred concepts from our Sastra with the need to remain relevant to the ever-changing society we live in?
- The new leaders of our movement will come from various walks of life, and multiple global cultures. How will we synthesize a cohesive and effective way forward?
- The need to read and understand the intention behind Srila Prabhupada’s direction is becoming more and more critical. How will we assure that the mood and objectives Srila Prabhupada enunciated in his books is preserved into the future?
- How can we build a society that has healthy guru/ disciple, family/social and organizational interactions?
- Our ISKCON has moved from a “temple based” model to include vast numbers of congregation devotees. How will all future members become firmly grounded in Srila Prabhupada’s teachings and be able to inspire others to do the same? How will our temples remain vibrant and our Deities properly cared for?
Those who joined Prabhupada’s mission in the 60s and 70s are anxious to see ISKCON’s management and leadership transferred safely into competent hands. This was the message Srila Prabhupada’s gave to his followers when he reached his mid-seventies:
If you relieve me of the burden of management, that will be a very great service to Krsna and the movement. See that everything is going on nicely. With great endeavor we have made the framework, now we have to see that things are going on nicely… Letter to Pusta Krishna Aug. 1976.
Since succession is very much on our minds, ILS is encouraging each devotee who has an interest in ISKCON leadership to take part, whether it be guiding a zone, a country, a temple, a temple department, a farm, a project, or a congregational group.
Please join us and become an active participant.
The cost: $149.00 USD
The dates: February 14-20 2020
The Place: ISKCON Mayapur Candrodoya Mandir in Sri Dhama Mayapur.
Website: https://www.ilsglobal.org/ (for registration and further details)
So, register NOW-- attend over 75 unique seminars, chant in uplifting kirtan, and honor prasadam, all in beautiful venues with exceptional association. You can also take advantage of 45 stalls displaying various projects and services to help you in your service.
Let us work together to “Help Guide ISKCON into the Future” and assist Srila Prabhupada in his mission!
The ILS 2020 team