Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnu, Gurur Devo Maheshwara,
Gurur Saakshat Paar Brahma, Tasmaye Shree Guruve Namah
Summary of the Mantra
The Guru is Brahma (The God of Creation)
The Guru is Vishnu (The God of Sustenance)
The Guru is Shiva (The God of Annihilation)
My Salutation to such a Guru, who is verily the Supreme God
In Indian religions, diksha is the ritual of initiation into the worship of some deity by a guru (diksha guru) who bestows mantra(s) and takes the karma of the initiate as per Hari Bhakti Vilasa 1.70:
rajni camatyaja dosah patni-papam sva-bhartari
tatha sisyarjitam papam guruh prapnoti niscitam
"The faults of the counselor fall on the king, and the sins of a wife fall on her husband. In the same way a spiritual master attains the sins of his disciple. That is certain."
Diksha primarily means a transfer of spiritual knowledge. Vishnu Yamala (tantra) says:
divyam jnanam yato dadyat kuryat papasya sanksayam
tasmad dikseti sa prokta desikais tattva-kovidaih
"The process that bestows divyam jnanam (transcendental, spiritual knowledge) and destroys sin (papa), the seed of sin and ignorance, is called diksha by the spiritual persons who have seen the Truth (desikais tattva-kovidaih)."
"As bell metal is turned to gold when mixed with mercury in an alchemical process, so one who is properly trained and initiated by a bona fide spiritual master becomes a brahmana immediately." (Tattva-sagara, quoted in Hari-bhakti-vilasa 2.12)
The chanting of Guru Mantra benefits the disciple in several ways such as :
- Creates a deep connection with Guru and thus leads to instant solutions of problems.
- Creates a protection shield around a person that protects him from various negative energies, mishaps etc.
- Strengthens the individual at Spiritual, Mental and Physical levels.
- Leads to overall spiritual growth of the person.
- Releases the spiritual, physical, mental and emotional blockages of an individual.
- Helps in alleviating bad habits.
- One gets the several different divine powers and the actual “DARSHAN” (Spiritual experience of seeing, feeling or
hearing specific aspects of a deity) of your deities.
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All Glories to Srila prabhupada.
All Glories to sri Guru and Gauranga.
thanks a lot for providing such a wonderful knowledge about Guru.
SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL PRAYER WITH EXPLANATION
Thanks mata ji