By ISKCON Harinam Sankirtan Ministry
The newly formed ISKCON Harinam Sankirtan Ministry brings you the World Holy Name Festival. Coming up from Sept. 17 – 23. This year, we aspire to expand the festival beyond the borders of ISKCON into the greater society. With the support of devotees worldwide the festival can reach out and bring the holy names to new people.
Because of the global pandemic, traditional ways to share Harinam, on the streets and in kirtan events, is severely restricted. Thus we plan to offer many ways to participate online and in smaller safe settings.
To do this we need your help. If you have a little time you could give, we have many services. We need help with artwork, marketing, web development and audio and video production. We need devotees to help us organize in their local areas. We need generals, captains, corporals, and lieutenants. Please contact our secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can take part in this exciting campaign
In the coming weeks, we will be providing resources to help you celebrate the World Holy Name Festival. These include materials to participate in our Japathon, Holy Name Retreats, and even learn a new beat on the mridunga!
And,most importantly, we will give ways for you to share Harinam with others. This main outreach program is in conjunction with the Fortunate People campaign. Fortunate People is a global effort to collect audio and video recordings of people chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. It’s especially meant to make it fun, easy and inspiring to get people to chant the maha-mantra for the first time as part of it’s worldwide Love and Peace campaign.
The World Holy Name Festival will especially focus on the theme of “Let’s Make the World Fortunate” through the Fortunate People program. We’ll soon be sharing more details on how you can participate to the fullest extent.
But for now you can get started by making a recording of yourself chanting, and uploading it on www.fortunate-people.com. Then find out one of your friends or family members who are not chanting, and encourage them also to record and upload a chant.
See this video for more information on Fortunate People.
Please keep your eyes and ears open as we lead up to the festival, starting on 16th September. We’ll be sharing videos, materials, guidelines, news, and more during these next few weeks.
To make sure you don’t miss anything please join our lists:
Facebook : @worldholynamefestival
We look forward to your full participation. Below you’ll find a tentative schedule illustrating the range of programs planned.
Thank you. We hope this meets you in good health (stay safe)
ISKCON Harinam Sankirtan Ministry
World Holy Name Festival (WHNF) Tentative Schedule 2020
Throughout the Festival we’ll highlight the Fortunate People “One Plus One” Campaign
Sept. 16: Adivas:
1. Individual Yatras broadcast Bhaktivinode Thakur bhajans that glorify the Holy Name.
2. Welcome Podcast: Curtain Raiser with HH Lokanath Swami, HG Pancharatna das, and special guest.
Sept. 17 – 24: Daily
1. 6 pm – 7 pm (IST): Online Japa Retreat (7 days / 7 facilitators)
2. 7 pm – 8 pm (IST): Namamrta: Glories of the Holy Name (7 days / 7 speakers)
3. 8 pm – 9 pm (IST): Kirtan broadcast (7 days / 7 kirtaniyas)
4. Daily Srimad Bhagavatam Classes with Holy Name verse. (each center). We will provide suggested verses.
5. After Mangal Arotik reading Srila Prabhupada Quotes on Holy Name (each center). We will provide suggested quotes.
1. Sept 20: Global Kirtan Connect: Each time zone takes a turn for one hour of kirtan for a total of 24 hours, encircling the globe with a garland of Kirtan. 24 Time Zones. 24 Empowered Kirtan Leaders. 24 Hours of Ecstatic Kirtan!
2. Sept 20: Nagar Sankirtan: Devotees around the world are encouraged, Government regulations permitting, to take Harinam Sankirtan to the public in the streets, parks, etc.
3. Sept 24 (Grand Finale): Global Japathon
Please visit our new website (under construction, but lots of resources already available) www.kirtanministry.com
Please contact email@example.com for more information.