Krsna says, "I am equal to everyone. I'm not envious of anyone, or I am friendly to everyone." He's friendly, actually He's very friendly. But people accuse Him: "Why God has created this distress? Why I am suffering?"
But we are suffering for our own fault. God created you to become happy. He's happy and you are part and parcel of Krsna so you should also be happy. But we don't accept the way of happiness. That is the fault.
Krsna says that you shall be happy in this way: bhoktaram yajna-tapasam sarva-loka-mahesvaram suhrdam sarva-bhutanam jnatva mam santim rcchati [Bg. 5.29]
"When one understands that Krsna is the ultimate beneficiary of all sacrificies and austerities, and that He is the Lord of all the worlds and the most well-wishing and honest friend of all the living entities, he alone can attain peace from the pangs of material miseries."
Everything is belonging to Krsna. So long we do not accept the Supreme, that is maya. Our life, this material life has begun being envious of Krsna. "Why Krsna shall be the enjoyer?" So Krsna consciousness means to be completely nonenvious. In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that those who are completely free from enviousness, they can understand what is Bhagavatam.
We have to cleanse our heart by regular chanting. The dirty things should be removed completely always by hearing krsna-katha. That is the way of understanding.
- To hear about Krsna from Vedic literatures, or to hear from Him directly through the Bhagavad-gita, is itself righteous activity. And for one who hears about Krsna, Lord Krsna, who is dwelling in everyone's heart, acts as a best-wishing friend and purifies the devotee who constantly engages in hearing of Him.
- In this way, a devotee naturally develops his dormant transcendental knowledge. As he hears more about Krsna from the Bhagavatam and from the devotees, he becomes fixed in the devotional service of the Lord.
- By development of devotional service one becomes freed from the modes of passion and ignorance, and thus material lusts and avarice are diminished.
- When these impurities are wiped away, the candidate remains steady in his position of pure goodness, becomes enlivened by devotional service and understands the science of God perfectly.
- Thus bhakti-yoga severs the hard knot of material affection and enables one to come at once to the stage of asamsayam samagram mam, understanding of the Supreme Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead. (Srimad Bhag. 1.2.17-21)