Celebrating Sri Caitanya-Caritamrita with the GBC Strategic Planning Team
As part of our efforts to serve devotees worldwide the GBC Strategic Planning Team (SPT) is extending an invitation to every ISKCON devotee to participate in our 5-week online festival “Celebrating Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta”
We wish to stimulate great enthusiasm for Srila Krishna das Kaviraj Goswami’s masterpiece, Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta , and Srila Prabhupada’s wonderful commentary on the same. Towards that goal, we have organized 35 days of virtual association with many of ISKCON’s most experienced and engaging speakers.
The series will be broadcast on our Facebook page, Youtube Channel and Mayapur TV from the 18th of February to the 29th of March.
Beginning from Sri Advaita Acarya’s Appearance concluding with the Jagannath Misra Festival, our 5-week portrayal is centered on the following topics with an overarching theme of focusing on Srila Prabhupada’s Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta :-
1. Historical Context-Understanding the context for the appearance of Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta and its central role in the establishment and growth of the Gaudiya sampradaya
2. Srila Prabhupada-Hearing about Srila Prabhupada’s extraordinary efforts to bring the Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta to people everywhere.
3. Roots-Examining how today’s Hare Krishna Movement is rooted in the teachings and practices found in Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta
4. Theology-Diving deep into the core elements of our philosophy as expounded in the Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta
5. Relationships-Deepening our understanding of Vaishnava relationships as portrayed by the devotees of Sri Chaitanya
6. Gauranga’s Inner mood and mission– Discussions amongst senior devotees about the inner purpose of Sri Gauranga Lila as revealed in the Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta
7. Approaching Sri Sri Radha Krishna through Śrī Caitanya – Exploring the path to the Divine Couple through the grace of Śrī Caitanya.
Tirtha yatra – In the mood of visiting the dham when you can’t physically go to the dham, fire up your phone or computer and join us on a 10-day tour following Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s itinerary around India.
Gaura lila – We will also have special weekly series with highly esteemed speakers known for their mesmerizing Gaura lila narrations.
Not the least, to deepen your love for this foundational shastra, we will provide support by sharing resources for reading and studying Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta .
We are honored to have the participation of many senior Vaishnavas, including Jayapataka Swami, Giriraja Swami, Radhanath Swami, Kadamba Kanana Swami, Jayadvaita Swami, Krsna Ksetra Swami, Candramauli Swami, Devamrta Swami, Bhakti Purushottama Swami, Vaisesika Das, Lokanath Swami, Malati Devi, Visakha Devi, Narayani Devi, Jagattarini Devi, Nitaisevini Devi, Tapan Misra Das, Amarendra Das, Hari Parshad Das, Gauranga Das and many more. Their profound realizations will enlighten us during this 5-week celebration.
Throughout these five weeks, you’re assured to get a daily dose of spiritual inspiration and nourishment during the festival season. You’re invited to join us on a journey to usher Lord Caitanya’s love into our hearts and the hearts of everyone around us beginning on the 18th of February.
To make sure you are not missing the nectar, please join one or more of these lists to get all the details on each event:
Emailing list: http://gbcspt.com/subscribe
Stay tuned for more details, COMING SOON!
On behalf of all the members of the GBC SPT