Replies

• i also want to know and dwonload all prayers belogs to iskcon temples please refer me
  • Hare Krishna, i had also once asked the same question to a senior devotee and she told me along with offering Praniti to Guru Maharaj , Srila Prabhupada, Pancha Tattvas and Our lordships Sri Sri Radha Krishna , Sri Sishtashtakam must be recited which is an offering towards the holy name. This helps us remain in a humble state while chanting.

Its there in the Vaishnava song book

ceto darpana marjanam......................

Radhe Radhe

• I found this in this link: http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz/bhaktiyoga/bhaktiyoga-5.htm

Japa References
    Mukunda Datta Das

Below I've collected a couple of references on japa, which someone might find helpful. T.R. Sharma, in his Studies in the Sectarian Upanisads, quotes the following statement (which I haven't personally looked up) from the Mahabharata:

"I shall certainly perform japa; a man who engages himself in japa, and he neither fully becomes busy in it nor completes it, such a man goes to hell." (Mahabharata, Santi Parva, 197.11).

This seems like a pretty strong statement, though we do know from Srila Prabhupada's books that inattentive or irresolute chanting (like all the the other offenses outlined in Padma Purana) will cause us long-lasting problems that will obstruct our realization of Krsna (vacya-svarupa) as His transcendentally pure, holy name (vacaka-svarupa). But Krsna will be very happy to reveal Himself to us of His own accord as soon as we no longer offend Him (svayam eva sphuraty adah).

Lord Caitanya said that there are no hard and fast rules for chanting Krsna's innumerable names and He Himself used to keep count on His fingers instead of with a japa-mala. There are other ways of doing so as well. Still, as per the traditional standard, Srila Prabhupada taught us to use a japa-mala, with 108 beads. Japa is discussed at length in the Hari-bhakti-vilasa.

Here are some simple slokas one can recite when chanting japa. I've excerpted them as they appear the Sri Stava-kalpa-druma, an anthology of Sanskrit prayers and verses compiled many years ago by one of Srila Prabhupada's godbrothers, H.H. Bhaktisaranga Gosvami Maharaja.

Sri Nama-mala-grahana-mantra (upon taking one's beads):

tribhanga-bhangima-rupam
    venu-randhra-karancitam
    gopi-mandala-madhya-stham
    sobhitam nanda-nandanam

"His form bent in three places, His hands bent over the holes of His flute, the son of Nanda Maharaja stands resplendent amidst a circle of gopis."

Sri Nama-mala-grahana-mantra (on taking the beads for the purpose of japa [japarthe]):

avighnam kuru male tvam
    harinama-japesu ca
    sri radha-krsnayor dasyam
    dehi male tu prarthaye

"O Mala, please destroy inauspiciousness in my chanting of the holy name of Lord Hari and grant me the position of service to Radha and Krsna. This is all I pray, O Mala."

nama cintamani-rupam
    namaiva parama gatih
    namnah parataram nasti
    tasman nama upasmahe

"The Holy Name is a beautiful transcendental touchstone - it is the supreme goal. There is nothing higher than the Holy Name. I therefore worship the Holy Name."

Sri Nama-mala-samarpana-mantra (consecrating the mala); traditionally, Vaisnavas first offer Krsna everything they use, including their neck beads, japa beads, etc. I don't know that this is intended here though.

nama-yajno mahayajnah
    kalau kalmasa-nasanam
    krsna-caitanya-prityarthe
    nama-yajna-samarpanam

"The sacrifice of the name is the highest yajna, which destroys the contamination of Kali-yuga. In order to please Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, I offer this sacrifice of the holy name."

Sri Nama-mala-sthapana-mantra (establishing the beads):

patita-pavana nama
    nistaraya naradhamam
    radha-krsna-svarupaya
    caitanyaya namo namah

"The holy name is the savior of the fallen. Oh, please deliver this lowest of men. Obeisances again and again unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, unto Sri Sri Radha-Krsna."

tvam male sarva-devanam
    sarva-siddhi-prada mata
    tena satyena me siddhim
    dehi matar namo 'stu te

"O Mala, among all of the gods, you are considered the bestower of all perfection. By dint of this fact, O Mother, please grant me perfection. Obeisances unto you!"

Again, there are never any hard and fast rules for chanting japa, but one has to appreciate the intensity of the pure desire that must have inspired someone to pray like this even to his own japa beads. At least that's something we can all emulate, or pray for.

One older disciple of Srila Prabhupada once told me that at his initiation Srila Prabhupada instructed him to finger the beads while chanting "Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare," and to hold the beads still between the thumb and middle finger while chanting "Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare." Srila Prabhupada told him this would help him to concentrate on Krsna.

VEDA - Vedas and Vedic Knowledge Online - Vedic Encyclopedia, Bhakti-yoga in vedas, Library
    VEDA - Information resource for Vedas, Vedic knowledge and philosophy, culture and related topics. Vedic Encyclopedia, Bhakti-yoga in vedas, Library.
  • The Pancha-Tattva Maha Mantra

(Jaya) shri-krishna-caitanya
    prabhu nityananda
    shri-advaita gadadhara
    shrivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrinda

I offer my obeisances unto the Supreme Lord, Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, along with His associates, Lord Nityananda, Shri Advaita Acharya, Gadadhara, Shrivasa and all the devotees of the Lord. (This mantra is very important and is known as the Pancha-tattva Maha-mantra. In order to derive the full benefit of chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, we must first take shelter of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, learn the Pancha-tattva mantra, and then chant the Hare Krishna maha-mantra. That will be very effective. So this mantra is sung in most kirtanas before singing Hare Krishna, as well as before chanting japa.)

The Hare Krishna Maha-mantra

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
    Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
    Hare Rama Hare Rama
    Rama Rama Hare Hare

Translation

"Oh Lord Krishna, Oh energy of the Lord, please engage me in Your devotional service." (This is a simple call to the Lord and His energies. It should be chanted exactly like a small child crying for it's mother. The transcendental sound vibration of this mantra is the essence of all the Vedas and non-different from Lord Krishna personally. In the temples, this mantra is sung during some portion of almost all kirtanas.)
  • i want to know different prayers so we can chant properly
This reply was deleted.