Replies

• Volunteer
    The Śikṣāṣṭaka Prayers .

ceto-darpaṇa-mārjanaḿ bhava-mahā-dāvāgni-nirvāpaṇaḿ
    śreyaḥ-kairava-candrikā-vitaraṇaḿ vidyā-vadhū-jīvanam
    ānandāmbudhi-vardhanaḿ prati-padaḿ pūrṇāmṛtāsvādanaḿ
    sarvātma-snapanaḿ paraḿ vijayate śrī-kṛṣṇa-sańkīrtanam

Let there be all victory for the chanting of the holy name of Lord Kṛṣṇa, which can cleanse the mirror of the heart and stop the miseries of the blazing fire of material existence. That chanting is the waxing moon that spreads the white lotus of good fortune for all living entities. It is the life and soul of all education. The chanting of the holy name of Kṛṣṇa expands the blissful ocean of transcendental life. It gives a cooling effect to everyone and enables one to taste full nectar at every step.

nāmnām akāri bahudhā nija-sarva-śaktis
    tatrārpitā niyamitaḥ smaraṇe na kālaḥ
    etādṛśī tava kṛpā bhagavan mamāpi
    durdaivam īdṛśam ihājani nānurāgaḥ

My Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, in Your holy name there is all good fortune for the living entity, and therefore You have many names, such as "Kṛṣṇa" and "Govinda," by which You expand Yourself. You have invested all Your potencies in those names, and there are no hard and fast rules for remembering them. My dear Lord, although You bestow such mercy upon the fallen, conditioned souls by liberally teaching Your holy names, I am so unfortunate that I commit offenses while chanting the holy name, and therefore I do not achieve attachment for chanting.

tṛṇād api su-nīcena
    taror iva sahiṣṇunā
    amāninā māna-dena
    kīrtanīyaḥ sadā hariḥ

One who thinks himself lower than the grass, who is more tolerant than a tree, and who does not expect personal honour but is always prepared to give all respect to others can very easily always chant the holy name of the Lord.

na dhanaḿ na janaḿ na sundarīḿ
    kavitāḿ vā jagad-īśa kāmaye
    mama janmani janmanīśvare
    bhavatād bhaktir ahaitukī tvayi

O Lord of the universe, I do not desire material wealth, materialistic followers, a beautiful wife or fruitive activities described in flowery language. All I want, life after life, is unmotivated devotional service to You.

ayi nanda-tanuja kińkaraḿ
    patitaḿ māḿ viṣame bhavāmbudhau
    kṛpayā tava pāda-pańkaja-
    sthita-dhūlī-sadṛśaḿ vicintaya

O My Lord, O Kṛṣṇa, son of Mahārāja Nanda, I am Your eternal servant, but because of My own fruitive acts I have fallen into this horrible ocean of nescience. Now please be causelessly merciful to Me. Consider Me a particle of dust at Your lotus feet.

nayanaḿ galad-aśru-dhārayā
    vadanaḿ gadgada-ruddhayā girā
    pulakair nicitaḿ vapuḥ kadā
    tava nāma-grahaṇe bhaviṣyati

My dear Lord, when will My eyes be beautified by filling with tears that constantly glide down as I chant Your holy name? When will My voice falter and all the hairs on My body stand erect in transcendental happiness as I chant Your holy name?

yugāyitaḿ nimeṣeṇa
    cakṣuṣā prāvṛṣāyitam
    śūnyāyitaḿ jagat sarvaḿ
    govinda-viraheṇa me

My Lord Govinda, because of separation from You, I consider even a moment a great millennium. Tears flow from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I see the entire world as void.

āśliṣya vā pāda-ratāḿ pinaṣṭu mām
    adarśanān marma-hatāḿ karotu vā
    yathā tathā vā vidadhātu lampaṭo
    mat-prāṇa-nāthas tu sa eva nāparaḥ

Let Kṛṣṇa tightly embrace this maidservant who has fallen at His lotus feet, or let Him trample Me or break My heart by never being visible to Me. He is a debauchee, after all, and can do whatever He likes, but He is still no one other than the worshipable Lord of My heart.
  • Volunteer
    Tulasi Aarti‏.
    (1)
    namo namah tulasi krishna-preyasi namo namah
    radha-krishna-seva pabo ei abilashi

(2)
    ye tomara sarana loy, tara vancha purna hoy
    kripa kori’ koro tare vrindavana-vasi

(3)
    mora ei abhilasha, vilasa kunje dio vasa
    nayana heribo sada yugala-rupa-rasi

(4)
    ei nivedana dhara, sakhira anugata koro
    seva-adhikara diye koro nija dasi
    (5)
    dina krishna-dase koy, ei yena mora hoy
    sri-radha-govinda-preme sada yena bhasi

Translation:

(1) O Tulasi, beloved of Krishna, I bow before you again and again. My desire is to obtain the service of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna.

(2) Whoever takes shelter of you has his wishes fulfilled. Bestowing your mercy on him, you make him a resident of Vrindavana.

(3) My desire is that you will also give me a residence in the pleasure groves of Sri Vrindavana-dhama. Thus within my vision I will always behold the beautiful pastimes of Radha and Krishna.

(4) I beg you to make me a follower of the cowherd damsels of Vraja. Please give me the privilege of devotional service and make me your own maidservant.
    (5) This very fallen and lowly servant of Krsna prays, "May I always swim in the love of Sri Radha and Govinda.
    • At our temple, right before we start the Tulasi Aarati, we say 3 times the Sri Tulasi Pranama prayer. And we say it asgain 3 times at the end of the Aarati.:-)

• Volunteer
    Ugram Viram Mahavishnum‏.

ugram viram maha-vishnum

jvalantam sarvato mukham

nrisimham bhishanam bhadram

mrityur mrityum namamy aham

TRANSLATION

'May my head be protected by the moon colored one, who is the greatest among humans. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one, who's faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, (or who can overcome death).
    • Hare Krishna mataji! Thank you so very much for the prayers! I'm glad I see prayers I chant every morning at the temple :-) When we are done with a chant, and for instance the curtain opens or closes, I can hear people saying a prayer while bowing. Is this the prayer one should say after Jaya Narasimha Sri Narasimha, right before we get up to congregate around Tulasi? Thank you mataji!

• Volunteer
    Jaya Narasimha Sri Narasimha‏.

jaya narasimha sri narasimha
    jaya jaya narasimhadeva
    praladesa jaya padma
    mukha padma bhrnga

TRANSLATION

Glories to Lord Nrsimha, Sri Nrsimha, All Glories to Lord Nrsimhadeva. The Lord of Prahlada, like a honeybee, is always engaged in beholding the lotuslike face of the goddess of fortune.
  • Volunteer
    Narasimha Arati‏.

namas te narasimhaya
    prahladahlada-dayine
    hiranyakasipor vakshahsila-
    tanka-nakhalaye

I offer my obeisances to Lord Narasimha who gives joy to Prahlada Maharaja and whose nails are like chisels
    on the stonelike chest of the demon Hiranyakasipu.

ito nrisimhah parato nrisimho
    yato yato yami tato nrisimhah
    bahir nrisimho hridaye nrisimho
    nrisimham adim saranam prapadye

Lord Nrisimha is here and also there. Wherever I go Lord Nrisimha is there. He is in the heart and is outside
    as well. I surrender to Lord Nrisimha, the origin of all things and the supreme refuge.
    Prayer to Lord Nrisimha
    by Jayadeva Gosvami

tava kara-kamala-vare nakham adbhuta-sringam
    dalita-hiranyakasipu-tanu-bhringam
    kesava dhrita-narahari-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of half-man, half-lion! All glories
    to You! Just as one can easily crush a wasp between one’s fingernails, so in the same way the body of the
    wasplike demon Hiranyakasipu has been ripped apart by the wonderful pointed nails on Your beautiful
    lotus hands.
  • Volunteer
    Mangala Aarti‏.

(1)
    samsara-davanala-lidha-loka
    tranaya karunya-ghanaghanatvam
    praptasya kalyana-gunarnavasya
    vande guroh sri-caranaravindam

The spiritual master is receiving benediction from the ocean of mercy. Just as a cloud pours water on a forest fire to extinguish it, so the spiritual master delivers the materially afflicted world by extinguishing the blazing fire of material existence. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is an ocean of auspicious qualities.

(2)
    mahaprabhoh kirtana-nritya-gita
    vaditra-madyan-manaso rasena
    romanca -kampasru-taranga-bhajo

Chanting the holy name, dancing in ecstasy, singing, and playing musical instruments, the spiritual master is always gladdened by the sankirtana movement of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because he is relishing the mellows of pure devotion within his mind, sometimes his hair stands on end, he feels quivering in his body, and tears flow from his eyes like waves. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

(3)
    sri-vigraharadhana-nitya-nana
    sringara-tan-mandira-marjanadau
    yuktasya bhaktams ca niyunjato ’pi

The spiritual master is always engaged in the temple worship of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna. He also engages his disciples in such worship. They dress the Deities in beautiful clothes and ornaments, clean Their temple, and perform other similar worship of the Lord. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

(4)
    catur-vidha-sri-bhagavat-prasada
    svadv-anna-triptan hari-bhakta-sanghan
    kritvaiva triptim bhajatah sadaiva

The spiritual master is always offering Krishna four kinds of delicious food [analyzed as that which is licked, chewed, drunk, and sucked]. When the spiritual master sees that the devotees are satisfied by eating bhagavat-prasada, he is satisfied. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

(5)
    sri-radhika-madhavayor apara
    madhurya-lila guna-rupa-namnam
    prati-kshanasvadana-lolupasya

The spiritual master is always eager to hear and chant about the unlimited conjugal pastimes of Radhika and Madhava, and Their qualities, names, and forms. The spiritual master aspires to relish these at every moment. I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

(6)
    nikunja-yuno rati-keli-siddhyai
    ya yalibhir yuktir apekshaniya
    tatrati-dakshyad ati-vallabhasya

The spiritual master is very dear, because he is expert in assisting the gopis, who at different times make different tasteful arrangements for the perfection of Radha and Krishna’s conjugal loving affairs within the groves of Vrindavana. I offer my most humble obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master.

(7)
    sakshad-dharitvena samasta-sastrair
    uktas tatha bhavyata eva sadbhih
    kintu prabhor yah priya eva tasya

The spiritual master is to be honored as much as the Supreme Lord, because he is the most confidential servitor of the Lord. This is acknowledged in all revealed scriptures and followed by all authorities. Therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master, who is a bona fide representative of Sri Hari [Krishna].

(8)
    yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasado
    yasyaprasadan na gatih kuto ’pi
    dhyayan stuvams tasya yasas tri-sandhyam

By the mercy of the spiritual master one receives the benediction of Krishna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. Therefore, I should always remember and praise the spiritual master. At least three times a day I should offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master.
  • Volunteer
  • Volunteer
This reply was deleted.