deity worship during menstrual cycles

Hare Krishna to all matajis!!! pamho!!!

Please guide me regarding this?

Is it important to follow this rule of not worshiping the deity during menstrual cycles?

If it is so then please tell me why is it so as God is transcendental to these material activities?

And if i worship krishna during those times is it an offense(seva aparadh)?

If i don't worship then how would i offer food to krishna as i only eat prasadam?

Please matajis kindly enlighten this ignorant soul.

your servant of servant

Haribol!!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

yes, it is ok.

• but my friends guru told her that not to do that during menstruation cylcle!!!! 

i'm confused!!!!

• i dnt understand y v cant worship god or evn touch his paraphernalia during dos days???????????

i mean v r jst physically unclean so v shud nt b restricted of gng in temple na??????/

plz elaborate

• Volunteer

we can visit Temple and do Kirtan. But we have to be careful of touching Pujaris who then have to touch Deities.

In these days we are impure. And it is an offense to touch Deities. But at home in urgent situations we do touch or cook for Them.

But chanting of the Holy Names is needed in any conditions. And we can wash our hands and chant in Tulasi beads.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Annupriya Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Srila Prabhupada told that for home Deities we can or we have to worship even if we are in that period.

Deities are like children. We should not keep Them hungry.

If there is no one to worship, to cook then we will do it. But the worship should not stop for any moment.

But we can not worship Temple Deities or touch Their paraphernalia.  At the Temple there are enough Pujaris and they can take care of Deities if some one is out.

Your servant,  

This reply was deleted.