Volunteer

Acyutānanda: (repeating lady's question) Kṛṣṇa says to perform your sva-dharma, so how does one know what is his sva-dharma? Am I correct?

Prabhupāda: That is sva-dharma. When Kṛṣṇa says, "You surrender unto Me," that is your sva-dharma. Because you are part and parcel of Kṛṣṇa, your business is to serve Kṛṣṇa.

(Lecture on Srimad Bhagavatam------Madras, 1976).

Śyāmasundara: So chanting along with devotional service, performing our duties while concentrating on Kṛṣṇa, is also part of the process, isn't it?

Prabhupāda: Yes. Anything, any way. The whole idea is manāḥ kṛṣṇe niveṣayet. Mind should be fixed up in Kṛṣṇa. That is the process.

(Room conversation-------London, 1969).

Guest: But suppose one is engaged for his livelihood for eight hours, or ten hours for material purposes...

Prabhupāda: Yes.

Guest: How he will link with Kṛṣṇa during that period?

Prabhupāda: Well, you have got twenty-four hours. For livelihood... Your livelihood, if also... That also should be for Kṛṣṇa. Just like Kṛṣṇa said, yat karoṣi. Yat karoṣi. That means whatever you do, your livelihood is also... Do it. You do it for Kṛṣṇa. Livelihood, just like we are also living, we are also eating, you are also eating. So what is the difference? You mold your life in such a way that that working for your livelihood would be also Kṛṣṇa's service.

(Room conversation----Gorakhpur,1971).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.