Volunteer

Kim: Can one say what qualities the ātman has?

Prabhupāda: That I have already explained. Eternity, knowledge and blissfulness.

(Room conversation---------Perth).

Hari-śauri: Can the seed extract anything without the spirit soul being present there?

Prabhupāda: No. Seed is instrumental. Just like you have to do something, you require an instrument. Actually, according to the desire of the living entity, he's given instrument, bhrāmayan sarva-bhūtāni yantrārūḍhāni māyayā (B.G.18:61). Yantra. You require something, you require a particular yantra or machine. So seed is practically the machine, and the living entity is using it to satisfy his desires.

(Room conversation------Washington,D.C.).

Mike Robinson: Thank you very much for reading that. So can you explain to me just a bit more, if the soul is undying, does everybody's soul go to be with God when they die? Do you have a belief in a heaven or a hell?

Prabhupāda: Not necessarily. If he's qualified, if he qualifies himself in this life to go back home, back to Godhead, then he can go. If he does not qualify himself, he gets another material body, and there are 8,400,000 different forms of body. And according to his desire and karma, activities, the nature, laws of nature, gives him a body. Just like a man infects some disease and he develops that disease. Is it difficult to understand?

(Interview------London).

Bhaktijana: When the souls that were never conditioned at all..., do they also have the independence?

Prabhupāda: Yes, but they have not misused. They know that "I am meant for Kṛṣṇa's service," and they are happy in Kṛṣṇa's service.

Bhaktijana: Could they ever misuse it?

Prabhupāda: Yes, they can misuse it also. That power is there. Yes?

(Lecture on Sri Caitanya Caritamrta--------San Francisco).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.