Volunteer

Dr. John Mize: The relationship of mind to the soul, how the mind comes to know that it has or that there is a soul.

Prabhupāda: By taking lesson from professors who has mind clear. Why the students are coming to you? Because his mind is not clear. You have to clear his mind by teaching him psychology, feeling, thinking, feeling, willing. Therefore he has to come to a learned man who knows how to understand mind, how to understand the activities of the mind, how to deal with them. That requires education.

(Room conversation-------Los Angeles).

Professor Durckheim: The progress of self-realization is a progress of inner experiences.

Prabhupāda: Yes.

(Room conversation--------Germany).

Guest (5): What is a simple solution to understand soul? I would like to understand soul in a simplified form.

Prabhupāda: This is very simple, but we are educated so foolishly that we cannot understand. This is our defect. Kṛṣṇa says, bhūmir āpo 'nalo vāyuḥ khaṁ mano buddhir eva ca, bhinnā me prakṛtir aṣṭadhā: (B.G.7:4) "Arjuna, there are eight material elements: earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence, ego." Apareyam: "But these are inferior elements." Itas tu viddhi me prakṛtiṁ parām: "Beyond this there is another, superior element." What is that? Jīva-bhūtāṁ mahā-bāho yayedaṁ dhāryate jagat (B.G.7:5). "The living entity is superior element." Without the living entity, what is the value of this bhūmir āpo 'nalo vāyuḥ? This distinction we can experience every day. Here is an important man. Now he's finished. And if you kick on his face, he won't protest. What is the wanting? That—jīva-bhūtāṁ mahā-bāho—that living force is wanting. So anyone, any child, can understand that "Something is wanting. Therefore this important body is nothing but a lump of matter." Anyone can understand. Everything is explained in the Bhagavad-gītā, but we are not serious to understand.

(Lecture on Srimad Bhagavatam-------Bombay).

Atreya Ṛṣi: What is realization, PrabhupādaRealization belongs to the same category?

Prabhupāda: No. Realization means when you come to the truth.

(Philosophy discussion).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.