Volunteer

Question: If Kṛṣṇa is all-good, why does He send us to this world full of miseries?

Prabhupāda: Just like the government is good, but why do you go to prison house? When you go to the prison house, it is not the government who puts you in the prison house. You have committed sinful activities. Therefore you are put into the prison house. It is the government's duty to manage whether a man should be put into prison house, whether a man should go to the university. But the difference of individual activities. Similarly, God does not want you to put into miserable condition. You put yourself in miserable condition, but God comes and He sends His representative, to give you relief, how to get out of that miserable condition. The conclusion is that Kṛṣṇa does put you in miserable condition, but He helps you get out from the miserable condition.

(Lecture on Bhagavad-Gita------Rome).

Prabhupāda: Ahaṁ mameti janasya moho 'yam (S.B.5:5:8). This is illusion. He is not that, but he is thinking, "I am this." That is animalism. The animal is always thinking that "I am this body."

Girirāja: So if somebody no longer identifies with the body, what is his perception of a painful condition?

Prabhupāda: He tolerates. He knows. Just like the same example. You are not the car . If your car is smashed, although you feel sorry, but you know that "I am not a car." That is the position.

Rūpānuga: So the pain is experienced by the consciousness that is spread all over the body?

Prabhupāda: That is false. That is called illusion. You are not painful, but you are thinking that "I am painful." But that is illusion.

(Morning walk--------Los Angeles).

Man (6): I'm not sure that I understand you. You mean that suicide is putting an end to suffering which was...

Prabhupāda: Suffering you cannot end in that way. Just the same example, that if you get out of the prison some way or other, that does not stop your suffering. As soon as you are arrested, you are put again. The law of nature is not so insignificant that simply by suiciding, you'll stop suffering. No. You have to accept again body and have to suffer.

(Lecture--------Boston).

Guest (3): I beg the indulgence of this (indistinct). I want to relate a short (indistinct) story which analyzes this question. Some years ago, I think 1934 or '36, between those times, I met Dr. (indistinct). I asked him a question. And his answer to me is like this, "Some days your going to meet Kṛṣṇa, and you are going to answer your own question." Now, Your Divine Grace, the question was so lowly, so humble, so natural, that practically happens in life. I asked him that in the lectures that has passed, I come to understand that God's love and that nothing that happens in this world unless God wills it to happen. During those days of sufferings, I asked him the purpose of God of creating men, and if He is all love, He is all, nothing happens without His will, what is His purpose in creating men, and then these men, which he created, and claimed to be beloved by Him, suffers?

Prabhupāda: That is your question? Why He created you?

Devotee: And why he is suffering?

Prabhupāda: Yes. Suppose a father creates some children. So the purpose is that he wants to enjoy family life. This is the purpose of creation. But the father wants that each and every one of his children become nicely educated, obedient, but if the child, the boy is not nicely, properly taking the instruction of the father and spoils himself, and he is in suffering, so is that the fault of the father or the child? Whose fault it is?

(Lecture on Bhagavad-Gita-------Delhi).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.