Volunteer

Svarūpa Dāmodara: It is just like the concept that if God is all-merciful, why He is so impartial, somebody making happy, somebody making suffering?

Prabhupāda: Yes, that is mercifulness. Just like when doctor says, "You don't take anything today. You fast," that is mercy. That is mercy. It is good for him. By starving, he will be cured. That is mercy. And according to Manu-saṁhitā, when a man is hanged, that is mercy. If he is hanged... He has committed murder. He should be hanged so all his sinful reaction finished. Otherwise next birth, he has to suffer. He has to be killed by somebody else.

(Morning walk-------Los Angeles).

Sister Mary: The mercy of God is the love of God, isn't it?

Prabhupāda: That's it. Mercy of... So... That is the test, that he has learned how to love God. Kṛṣṇa-prema-pradāya te (CC.2:19:53). Caitanya Mahāprabhu is also worshiped, that "You can give love of God." Kṛṣṇa prema-pradāya te. Namo mahā-vadānyāya. "You are the most munificent of all incarnations because You are distributing love of God." Kṛṣṇa-prema-pradāya te (CC.2:19:53). Kṛṣṇāya kṛṣṇa-caitanya-nāmne. "You are Kṛṣṇa in the form of devotee of Kṛṣṇa. So I offer my respects." This is Rūpa Gosvāmī's prayer.

(Room conversation--------London).

Yaśomatīnandana: Spiritual master is the mercy of God?

Prabhupāda: Yes. God is distributing His mercy from within and from without. Without mercy is the spiritual master. Without means externally, just in front of you.

(Morning walk-------Los Angeles).

Madhudviṣa: We have also causeless mercy, meeting the pure devoteeIs that a chance?

Prabhupāda: No. I.... We don't accept that chance. The causeless is a mercy. Causeless mercy is the cause.

Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Yeah. The mercy is the cause.

Prabhupāda: The mercy may be causeless, but the mercy is the cause.

Madhudviṣa: But the which is the cause?

Puṣṭa Kṛṣṇa: The mercy is the cause.

Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: That's a cause.

Puṣṭa Kṛṣṇa: You did nothing to deserve it, but it's caused your good fortune.

Trivikrama: Jaya.

(Morning walk-------Mayapura).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.