Volunteer

Bali Mardana: According to Vedic culture, is seaweed edible?

Prabhupāda: Eh?

Bali Mardana: Seaweed? Is that edible?

Prabhupāda: I don't find. Why they should eat seaweed?

Bali Mardana: In Asia, many people eat seaweed. Certain types of plants that grow in the sea.

Prabhupāda: No, no.

Rāmeśvara: In America it is very popular.

Prabhupāda: That is all right, but why man should eat seaweed?

Kṛṣṇa-kānti: When there are so many nice things.

Prabhupāda: There are so many vegetables.

Bali Mardana: If vegetables are not available.

Prabhupāda: Yes.

(Morning walk-------Los Angeles).

Gaṇeśa: According to time, place and circumstance we must discriminate whether to eat meat, whether to eat the vegetables?

Prabhupāda: Yes, you must eat. But when good things are available, why should you eat bad things? You must be pacified.

(Morning walk------Perth).

Interviewer: And what of special foods and special drink?

Prabhupāda: Special food means Kṛṣṇa-prasāda. Because we have dedicated our life to Kṛṣṇa, we eat such things which Kṛṣṇa eats. The impersonalists, they have no idea of Kṛṣṇa, they have no idea of God, and how they can conceive that the God eats also? So we are not such rascal. We know that what God eats, and we offer such thing to God, or Kṛṣṇa, and we take after His eating. That is our special food.

Interviewer: Could you tell me the names of these special foods? How do you know what Kṛṣṇa eats and drinks, please?

Prabhupāda: As I have told you, that Bhagavad-gītā is the book of Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Just like any department of knowledge, there are some books to know that departmental knowledge or science, similarly, to know Kṛṣṇa consciousness there are many books and especially Bhagavad-gītā. In this Bhagavad-gītā Kṛṣṇa says that "Anyone who gives Me fruits, vegetables, grains, milk, with great devotional love, I eat." Therefore we offer these things to Kṛṣṇa in different preparations, and we know He will eat. And that's all.

Interviewer: What types of food, what types of things do you drink, such as juices or anything else do you drink?

Prabhupāda: Eatables are just within this jurisdiction of fruits, flowers, vegetables, grains, and milk. But we can prepare thousands of preparation, very nice palatable preparations. And I invite you to our temple. When love feast is distributed on every Sunday, you will see how they are nicely prepared. But they are prepared... Only if we get some grains and some butter and some fruits and some vegetables, we can prepare hundreds of preparations, hundreds, very, very palatable. You will forget all other eating.

(Interview-------Seattle).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.