Volunteer

Sandy Nixon: What are the methods used in attaining Kṛṣṇa consciousness? How does one get to...

Prabhupāda: Yes, by Kṛṣṇa consciousness you achieve the goal of life. In the present condition we are accepting one body, and we are dying after a few days. Then accept another body. And that body is according to your activity. There are 8,400,000 different types of body. You can get any one of them. You'll have to accept one body. That is called transmigration of the soul. So if one is under this consciousness that "I am eternal. Why I am changing body? How to solve it?" that is intelligence. And not to work like cats and dogs and die, that is not intelligence. One who makes solution of this problem, he is intelligent. So therefore this Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement is the ultimate solution of all problems of life.

(Room conversation-------Philadelphia).

Interviewer: What's the purpose of that rising? What's the purpose of that, the rising at 4:30, the chanting and study?

Prabhupāda: It means to be fixed up in (indistinct) spiritual life. Just like in military there is training. You must have to do at this time this thing, this time, this time... So any training means regulated life.

Interviewer: What is the most important part of it?

Prabhupāda: The most important part is how to become Kṛṣṇa conscious.

(Interview-------New York).

Bhagavān: What is the use of practice, if you practice or you don't practice you still get the same result?

Prabhupāda: No, practice must be there. You cannot avoid practice. We also practice.

(Room conversation-------Paris).

Acyutānanda: ...when should we read the Kṛṣṇa book?

Prabhupāda: Kṛṣṇa book is written in such a way that everyone can read. But the scheme is like that. To understand Kṛṣṇa, one has to go through this... The idea is that Kṛṣṇa book should be read. Just like the example can be given: sandalwood. Sandalwood, it is rubbed in the flat way. But if you rub in the horizontal way, how, no? What is called? Standing?

(Lecture on Srimad Bhagavatam-------Vrndavana).

Hari-śauri: Then why do we bother to preachWhy not just sit and do our bhajana?

Prabhupāda: We preach that "Submit to God." That's all. That is my all preaching. We don't say that you protest against the arrangement of God." We don't say. We simply say, "Whatever arrangement God has made, you submit." That's all.

(Room conversation------Bhuvanesvara).

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.