Volunteer

CHANTING THE HOLY NAME OF LORD KRISHNA. Part 8.

Sri Nama Mahatmya: The Glories of the holy name by Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura.krsna-nama dhare kato balbisaya-basananale, mora citta sada jwale,rabi-tapta maru-bhumi-samkarna-randhra-patha diya, hrdi majhe pravesiya,barisoya sudha anupamhrdoya hoite bale, jihvara agrete cale,sabda-rupe nace anukhonkanthe mora bhange swar, anga kape thara thar,sthira hoite na pare carancakhe dhara, dehe gharma, pulakita saba carma,bibar na hoilo kalebarmurchita hoilo man, pralayer agaman,bhave sarba-deha jara jarkori’ eto upadrab, citte barse sudha-drabmore dare premer sagarekichu na bujhite dilo, more ta’batula koilo,mora citta-bitta saba hareloinu asroya ja’r, heno byabahara ta’r,barnite na pari e sakalkrsna-nama iccha-moy, jahe jahe sukhi hoy,sei mora sukhera sambalpremera kalika nam, adbhuta rasera dham,heno bala karaye prakasaisat bikasi’punah, dekhay nija-rupa-gunacitta hori’ loya krsna-pasapurna bikasita hoiya, braje more jaya loiya,cekhay more swarupa-bilashmore siddha-deha diya, krsna-pase rakhe giya,e dehera kare sarbe-naskrsna-nama-cintamani, akhila rasera khaninitya-mukta suddha-rasa-moynamera balai jato, saba loiye hoi hato,taba more sukhera udoyThe holy name of Krishna possesses unlimited potency.My heart is always burning because of the fire of desirefor material enjoyment.It is like the desert made hot by the scorching heat of the sun.But the holy name of Krishna enters through the holes of the earsand goes straight to my heart with a shower of transcendental nectar.From the heart, the holy name comes to the tip of my tongue andcontinuously dances there. This chokes up my voice and makes myentire body tremble. Because of this, my legs cannot remain still.Tears of love flowed from my eyes and my body began to sweat.The hair of my body stood on end and my entire body lost its colour.My mind became stunned and I lost external consciousness. In thisway my entire body became filled with ecstatic love.After creating such a disturbance, the holy name showered a currentof ecstatic love. Before I could understand what was happening, theholy name made me a mad man and stole my heart and all my assets.Such is the behaviour of He whom I took shelter of. I cannot describethese occurence any further. The holy name of Krishna is fullyindependent. My source of happiness is the lotus feet ofthose who are blessed by the holy name of Krishna.The holy name of Krishna is just like a bud of the flower of ecstatic love.It is the reservoir of wonderful transcendental mellows. By its ownpotency, the holy name gradually manifests its forms and qualities.It this way it attracts the hearts of the devotees to the lotus feet of Krishna.When the holy name further manifests its potency, it takes me to Vrndavanaand shows me the transcendental pastimes of Shri Shri Radha Krishna.After destroying my material body, it awards me a spiritual bodyand takes me to the lotus feet of Krishna.The holy name of Krishna is like a spiritual gem and it is a reservoir oftranscendental mellows. It is eternally liberated, pure, and full oftranscendental mellows. I wish to die while glorifying the qualities of theholy name. Only then will I feel happiness in my heart.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.