Volunteer

Jokes from Real Life

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Here we will share funny anecdotes - in Krishna Conscious from real life only! When this discussion will have too many pages we will create the similar discussion page with the title "Jokes from Real Life - 2"

Let's make Devotees happy in Krishna Conscious way!!! Thank You!

Your humble servant,

P.S. But please beg You not to write comments here - in between anecdotes, just jokes so that Devotees could easily follow.

Comments You can write in the first page of the Group. Thank You! :-) 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

"I would keep Hare Krsna magazines and booklets inside my big fat chemistry books and read them for hours. My roommates would marvel at how seriously I was studying chemistry. They couldn't detect that instead of absorbing myself in analyzing chemical solutions, I was probing into the ultimate solution to the problems of life." __HH Lokanatha Swami Maharaja

• Volunteer

In one of H.G Gauranga pr's lecture he shares,

once a husdand and wife was fighting and the argument went on for a long time. Then the husband became very angry and threw the wife from the second floor. Then he went running to the police and said "lock me up! lock me up! immediately!" The police man asked "why?" He said because I threw my wife from the 2nd floor, then the police asked "so did he die?" He replied "no! that's why lock me up!"

Then everyone laughs.

In another lecturehe says,

A man went to give interview. He was asked many question by the mannager and finally he was asked to give the opposite of the words said by the mannager.

So the mannager said "Black"

He said "white"

"happy"

"sad"

"ugly" (means next in hindi)

so he replied "pichli" (means before or last in hindi)

then the mannager said "wrong"

he said "right"

then the mannager got angry and said "go out"

the man said "no! I'll sit"

mannager said "ur rejected"

the man said "no! I'm accepted!" :D

Seeing the confidence of the man, the mannger gave him the job

• radhe krishna, 

very good one

• Volunteer

:D :D

yes, this family life karma is the most heaviest karma in everyone's life. So many attacks to our false ego. But on the place of supporting our false ego we just try to serve and consider desires of other party with patience and humility then problems would be lesser.

Yes, it is easy to say but to do is very hard.....

• Volunteer

HARE KRISHNA A LITTLE BOY STORY WHO SENT LETTER TO LORD KRISHNA

Little Bobby came into the kitchen where his mother was making dinner.

His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to tell his mother what he wanted.

Mom, I want a bike for my birthday.

Little Bobby was a bit of a troublemaker.

He had gotten into trouble at school and at home.

Bobby’s mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a bike for his birthday.

Little Bobby, of course, thought he did.

Bobby’s mother wanted Bobby to reflect on his behavior over the last year.Go to your room, Bobby, and think about how you have behaved this  year.

Then write a letter to krishna and tell him why you deserve a bike for your birthday.

Little Bobby stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write krishna a letter.

Letter 1

Dear krishna,

I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.

Your friend, Bobby

Bobby knew that this wasn’t true. He had not been a very good boy this year,

So he tore up the letter and started over.

Letter 2

Dear krishna, This is your friend Bobby. I have been a good boy this year and I would like A red bike for my birthday .. your friend bobby

Bobby knew that this wasn’t true either. So, he tore up the letter and started again.

Letter 3

Dear krishna,

I have been an OK boy this year. I still would really like a bike for my birthday.

Bobby

Bobby knew he could not send this letter to krishna either. So, Bobby wrote a fourth letter.

Letter 4

krishna,

I know I haven’t been a good boy this year. I am very sorry.

I will be a good boy if you just send me a bike for my birthday.

Please! Thank you, Bobby

Bobby knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to get him a bike.

Now, Bobby was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mom that he wanted to go to temple.

Bobby’s mother thought her plan had worked, as Bobby looked very sad.

Just be home in time for dinner, Bobby’s mother told him.

Bobby walked down the street to the temple on the corner.

Little Bobby went into the temple and up to the altar.

He looked around to see if anyone was there.

Bobby bent down and picked up a statue of the radha.

He slipped the statue under his shirt and ran out of the temple, down the street, into the house, and up to his room.

He shut the door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen.

Bobby began to write his letter to krishna.

Letter 5 krishna,

I’VE KIDNAPPED YOUR GIRLFRIEND. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE!!!!!!

If we want love from lord krishna we must chant the holy names to get krishna prem … A gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return

• Volunteer

HG Shrinathji Prabhu is giving morning Bhagavatam class at Radha Gopinath Mandir:

...as in the situation with Draupadi. We have to call out for mercy of Krishna. 

So she asked for help from her husbands...but none of them could help her.

So she cried out loudly " Hey Govinda!"

ah this matajis, they always cry that they do not have enough sarees (everyone, especially matajis laugh in the hall). 

:D :D :D
    HG Grace Shrinatji Prabhu gives very nice philosophical lectures adding to them professional humor which makes easy to follow him very easily and keep our interest for the philosophy. His lectures can be found here

ISKCON Chowpatty Media
    Initiative of ISKCON Desire Tree
  • Volunteer

Srila Prabhupada: (lecture about Mohini Murti, Los Angeles) ...so Chanakya Pandit says that a beautiful wife is an enemy of family...so one should not be attached to a wife otherwise he will always remain in this material world....

As You know i also was married. But if true I did not like my wife. She was very nice but i did not like her so I wanted to marry a second time. Those days in India this was allowed. So I did many plans to marry a second time. But my father was a saint man so one day he called me and told 'Please do not marry a second time...' i told that i do not like her. He told 'not to like a wife is a blessing, so You are fortunate my son'.

Silence filled a hall for a moment and after that everyone laughed Srila Prabhupada also laughed and told that now he understands that his father was correct.

2539359695?profile=original

• Volunteer

In the lecture Srila Prabhupada says:
    - i heard that in old Russia people used to make feast out of their aged parents, even these days we can find such like people in some villages of Africa. 

Hall fills up with silence and surprise.

Prabhupada continues:

- Because of that i also left my home on time.

Silence for a moment in the hall and then everybody laughs. Srila Prabhupada also laughs and smilingly repeats what he said above again. :D

• Volunteer

Srila Prabhupada was giving a lecture to young American boys and girls. And in between some people used to give questions.

So one voice of a young lady started to put up questions about Krishna's nature. How is He? 

What kind of relationships He can have....

So Srila Prabhupada also tried answering to them. And he told:

- Krishna in the spiritual world have many friends and with them He have many different pastimes. He embrace His friends, they smile, laugh ... (and with smiling voice Srila Prabhupada continues) and if You want Krishna even will kiss you! (and everybody in the lecture hall laughs, girl becomes shy.

:) :D

• Volunteer

(I am not completely sure if this actually happened in real life. But it was retold to me as if it did.)

In a small temple... Early morning.... Some time before the beginning of Mangala-arati...

The Deity department leader Gauranga Prabhu enters the temple. He sees that in the otherwise empty temple room Krishna Das Brahmachari, who has the service of putting Deities to sleep in the evenings, is offering his Dandavat obeisances in front of Srila Prabhupada. Gauranga Prabhu also offers his humble Dandavats to Srila Prabhupada and starts chanting his Japa. But after a few rounds he becomes a little worried, because he sees that Krishna Das Brahmachari is still there, prostrated in Dandavats before Srila Prabhupada. Therefore Gauranga Prabhu approaches him and shakes him by shoulder:

"Prabhu! Is everything all right?"

Being addressed thus, Krishna Das suddenly lifts his head, and, seeing the Deity department leader in front of him, affirms:

"Yes, yes Prabhu! Everything fine! I put Them to sleep already!"

:-) :-) :-) (I hope everyone could follow)

This reply was deleted.