Volunteer

Jokes from Real Life

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Here we will share funny anecdotes - in Krishna Conscious from real life only! When this discussion will have too many pages we will create the similar discussion page with the title "Jokes from Real Life - 2"

Let's make Devotees happy in Krishna Conscious way!!! Thank You!

Your humble servant,

P.S. But please beg You not to write comments here - in between anecdotes, just jokes so that Devotees could easily follow.

Comments You can write in the first page of the Group. Thank You! :-) 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

THE QUALIFICATION TO STAY BRAHMACHARI

(This happened some years ago in our temple. For some time it was a very famous joke in our temple, retold many times. The wording may not be 100% exact, since I do not have the original lecure record.)

H.H. Bhakti Vaibhava Maharaja is giving lecture. Translating into Russian is one of his disciples, who has been a very good brahmachari for many years.

Maharaja: So in this material world the so-called love always brings suffering...

Translator: I tak, v etom material'nom mire tak nazyvaemaja ljubov' vsegda prinosit stradanie...

Maharaja: ...as we see from the example of Romeo and Juliet.

Translator: ...kak my vidim na primere s Dzuljetoj i... eh... hm... (turning to the audience) S kem ona tam byla? [With whom was she?]

Maharaja: (lovingly annoyed) S kem!... [With whom!] And this person has a higher education! [The devotee translating actually holds a degree in law!] He has never heard Romeo and Juliet! He only knows Radha and Krishna!

:-) :-) :-)

• Volunteer

It was in USA. Devotees were sitting with Srila Prabhupada. But there were many mosquitoes who were biting everyone except Srila Prabhupada.

So one Devotee told:

- Swamiji, because You are a pure Devotee these insects are not biting You, but they bite us.

And Srila Prabhupada said:

- Yes, but in Kolkata they do not discriminate.  

• Sadhak A: prabhuji how much time u take to complete ur rounds

Sadhak B: 1 hour

Sadhak A: Ohh u r very fast i take 2 hours prabhu

Sadhak B: i chant with two bead bags simultaneously in two hands :-)))))))))

- it was joke pls don't try

• Volunteer

Prabhupada saw something very nice and told: Some day we will have this thing for Krishna!

Disciples: Jai Prabhupada!

Prabhupada saw a nice car and told: some day we will have for Krishna car like this!

Prabhupada saw a big dog and told: some day we will have such like a dog for Krishna!

Then Srila Prabhupada looked to the disciples strictly and loudly told: You are fools? why for Krishna dogs??? try to use your intelligence! do not accept everything blindly!

--------------------------------------------------------

Patient: Doctor, where ever in my body i touch it pains.

Doctor checked the whole body but could not find any defects.

Patient: no, no i really feel pain everywhere i touch.

Doctor again checked nothing.

Then doctor become to know that the patient's finger was diseased and whenever he touched with his finger to his body he used to feel pain...

---------------------------------------------------

sources: http://www.radhagopinathmedia.com/search/label/Akincana%20Krishna%2... 

ISKCON Chowpatty Media
    Initiative of ISKCON Desire Tree
  • Volunteer

Earlier days in ISKCON:

New Devotees: Swamiji, what things we should avoid in order to be Krishna Conscious?

Swamiji: no illicit sex, intoxication, gambling, meat eating.

New Devotees: :-O oh God!!! Then what should we do??? 

This reply was deleted.