Volunteer

ELEVEN OM PRAYERS FROM THE SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM.

oḿ namo bhagavate narasiḿhāyanamas tejas-tejase āvir-āvirbhavavajra-nakha vajra-daḿṣṭra karmāśayānrandhaya randhaya tamo grasa grasa oḿsvāhā;abhayam abhayam ātmani bhūyiṣṭhā oḿ kṣraumI offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nṛsiḿhadeva, the source of all power. O my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world. Please appear in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world.oḿ hrāḿ hrīḿ hrūḿ oḿ namo bhagavate hṛṣīkeśāyasarva-guṇa-viśeṣair vilakṣitātmane ākūtīnāḿcittīnāḿ cetasāḿ viśeṣāṇāḿ cādhipatayeṣoḍaśa-kalāyacchando-mayāyānna-mayāyāmṛta-mayāyasarva-mayāya sahase ojase balāyakāntāya kāmāya namas te ubhayatra bhūyātLet me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Hṛṣīkeśa, the controller of all my senses and the origin of everything. As the supreme master of all bodily, mental and intellectual activities, He is the only enjoyer of their results. The five sense objects and eleven senses, including the mind, are His partial manifestations. He supplies all the necessities of life, which are His energy and thus nondifferent from Him, and He is the cause of everyone's bodily and mental prowess, which is also nondifferent from Him. Indeed, He is the husband and provider of necessities for all living entities. The purpose of all the Vedas is to worship Him. Therefore let us all offer Him our respectful obeisances. May He always be favorable toward us in this life and the next.oḿ namo bhagavate mukhyatamāyanamaḥ sattvāya prāṇāyaujasesahase balāya mahā-matsyāya nama itiI offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is pure transcendence. He is the origin of all life, bodily strength, mental power and sensory ability. Known as Matsyāvatāra, the gigantic fish incarnation, He appears first among all the incarnations. Again I offer my obeisances unto Him.oḿ namo bhagavate akūpārāyasarva-sattva-guṇa-viśeṣaṇāyānu-palakṣita-sthānāyanamo varṣmaṇe namo bhūmnenamo namo 'vasthānāya namas teO my Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who have assumed the form of a tortoise. You are the reservoir of all transcendental qualities, and being entirely untinged by matter, You are perfectly situated in pure goodness. You move here and there in the water, but no one can discern Your position. Therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. Because of Your transcendental position, You are not limited by past, present and future. You are present everywhere as the shelter of all things, and therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto You again and again.oḿ namo bhagavate mantra-tattva-lińgāyayajña-kratave mahā-dhvarāvayavāyamahā-puruṣāya namaḥ karma-śuklāya tri-yugāya namas teO Lord, we offer our respectful obeisances unto You as the gigantic person. Simply by chanting mantras, we shall be able to understand You fully. You areyajña [sacrifice], and You are the kratu [ritual]. Therefore all the ritualistic ceremonies of sacrifice are part of Your transcendental body, and You are the only enjoyer of all sacrifices. Your form is composed of transcendental goodness. You are known as tri-yuga because in Kali-yuga You appeared as a concealed incarnation and because You always fully possess the three pairs of opulences.oḿ namo bhagavate uttamaślokāyanama ārya-lakṣaṇa-śīla-vratāyanama upaśikṣitātmana upāsita-lokāyanamaḥ sādhu-vāda-nikaṣaṇāyanamo brahmaṇya-devāyamahā-puruṣāya mahā-rājāya nama itiLet me please Your Lordship by chanting the bīja-mantra oḿkāra. I wish to offer my respectful obeisances unto the Personality of Godhead, who is the best among the most highly elevated personalities. Your Lordship is the reservoir of all the good qualities of Āryans, people who are advanced. Your character and behavior are always consistent, and You always control Your senses and mind. Acting just like an ordinary human being, You exhibit exemplary character to teach others how to behave. There is a touchstone that can be used to examine the quality of gold, but You are like a touchstone that can verify all good qualities. You are worshiped by brāhmaṇas who are the foremost of all devotees. You, the Supreme Person, are the King of kings, and therefore I offer my respectful obeisances unto You.oḿ namo bhagavate upaśama-śīlāyoparatānātmyāyanamo 'kiñcana-vittāyaṛṣi-ṛṣabhāya nara-nārāyaṇāyaparamahaḿsa-parama-guraveātmārāmādhipataye namo nama itiLet me offer my respectful obeisances unto Nara-Nārāyaṇa, the best of all saintly persons, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the most self-controlled and self-realized, He is free from false prestige, and He is the asset of persons who have no material possessions. He is the spiritual master of all paramahaḿsas, who are the most exalted human beings, and He is the master of the self-realized. Let me offer my repeated obeisances at His lotus feet.oḿ namas te 'stu bhagavannārāyaṇa vāsudevādi-puruṣa mahā-puruṣamahānubhāva parama-mańgalaparama-kalyāṇa parama-kāruṇikakevalajagad-ādhāra lokaika-nāthasarveśvara lakṣmī-nātha paramahaḿsa-parivrājakaiḥparameṇātma-yoga-samādhināparibhāvita-parisphuṭa-pāramahaḿsya-dharmeṇodghāṭita-tamaḥ-kapāṭa-dvāre citte 'pāvṛtaātma-loke svayam upalabdha-nija-sukhānubhavo bhavānO Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Nārāyaṇa, O Vāsudeva, original person! O most exalted person, supreme experience, welfare personified! O supreme benediction, supremely merciful and changeless! O support of the cosmic manifestation, sole proprietor of all planetary systems, master of everything and husband of the goddess of fortune! Your Lordship is realized by the topmost sannyāsīs, who wander about the world to preach Kṛṣṇa consciousness, fully absorbed in samādhi through bhakti-yoga. Because their minds are concentrated upon You, they can receive the conception of Your personality in their fully purified hearts. When the darkness in their hearts is completely eradicated and You are revealed to them, the transcendental bliss they enjoy is the transcendental form of Your Lordship. No one but such persons can realize You. Therefore we simply offer You our respectful obeisances.oḿ namas tubhyaḿ bhagavatevāsudevāya dhīmahipradyumnāyāniruddhāyanamaḥ sańkarṣaṇāya canamo vijñāna-mātrāyaparamānanda-mūrtayeātmārāmāya śāntāyanivṛtta-dvaita-dṛṣṭayeO Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, who are addressed by the oḿkāra [praṇava], I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. O Lord Vāsudeva, I meditate upon You. O Lord Pradyumna, Lord Aniruddha and Lord Sańkarṣaṇa, I offer You my respectful obeisances. O reservoir of spiritual potency, O supreme bliss, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who are self-sufficient and most peaceful. O ultimate truth, one without a second, You are realized as Brahman, Paramātmā and Bhagavān and are therefore the reservoir of all knowledge. I offer my respectful obeisances unto You.oḿ namo bhagavate mahā-puruṣāyamahānubhāvāya mahā-vibhūti-patayesakala-sātvata-parivṛḍha-nikara-kara-kamala-kuḍmalopalālita-caraṇāravinda-yugalaparama-parameṣṭhin namas teO transcendental Lord, who are situated in the topmost planet of the spiritual world, Your two lotus feet are always massaged by a multitude of the best devotees with their lotus-bud hands. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, complete in six opulences. You are the supreme person mentioned in thePuruṣa-sūkta prayers. You are the most perfect, self-realized master of all mystic power. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You.oḿ namo bhagavate tubhyaḿpuruṣāya mahātmaneharaye 'dbhuta-siḿhāyabrahmaṇe paramātmaneO my Lord, full of six opulences, O Supreme Person! O Supreme Soul, killer of all miseries! O Supreme Person in the form of a wonderful lion and man, let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.