The man with a saintly appearance was having a rotti and a little ghee for his lunch.A dog came by, snatched the rotti from his hand and ran away. he at once jumped at his feet,and taking the bowl of ghee in his hand, he ran behind the dog."oh, my friend, why do you eat that dry rotti? have some ghee also" - shouting like this, he persued the dog. at longlast he was able to catch it.he smeared the rotti with ghee and fed the dog.many were marvelled at this sight. some called him mad, some laughed at him, some praised his goodness. neither their derisive laughter nor their praise caught his attention. all that he was interested in was feeding the dog.This compassionate man was Namadeva, one of the greatest devotee of pandharinath.What he saw even in a dog was the element of divinity in every living being.This is the greatness of the Lord Pandharinath's devotees.jay jay vittala!jaya hari vittala!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hari bol...PAMHO...AGTSP....
    Thnks mataji for posting this little but very meaningfulstory of Namdeva...
    He was such a great devotee of Lord Vitthala...
    Namdeva used to offer a glass full of milk to Lord Vitthala and Vitthala also used to drink that milk by Namdeva's hand...
    This is the greatness of Namdeva...
    Hari Bol...
    Radhe Radhe...
  • That was heartbreaking. When, o when will I ever have such a mood, such a vision? Still, we go on hoping against hope.
This reply was deleted.